Recent content by Marakk

1. M

JBL Stage A120 Review By Erin/Hardisj.

Maybe they are really designed to be just surround speakers, since mounting them on wall will mean users not being able to point them towards MLP, hence the elevated treble. Arena 120 deifnitely have superior frequency response though when listening on axis.
  2. M

REW Measurements of Bose 700 Soundbar

I can report to having the same experience with Sonos Arc.
  3. M

REW Measurements of Bose 700 Soundbar

Sonos seems to have a similar tonal signature in their products, including IKEA Symfonisk frame which Amir tested and liked. Doesn't follow the Harman curve with regards to the dip in treble after 1 KHz, choosing to keep it more or less flat there. So maybe not all bad, provided if the...
  4. M

Ikea SYMFONISK Picture Frame Speaker Review

Bummer! Coz I bought Sonos Arc with IKEA Symfonisk bookshelf rears. lol. Well, the quest holy grail of sound along with convenience and overhead bells will continue. Maybe if someday Sonos can launch something like their Amp but with support for a center channel and Atmos, even if virtualized...
  5. M

Ikea SYMFONISK Picture Frame Speaker Review

Does this review also bode well for Sonos soundbars? https://www.rtings.com/soundbar/reviews/sonos/arc Looking at the measurements there are similarities in the measurements, including the slope and then the dip at 6-9 kHz and then the rise after that.
  6. M

Bose TV Speaker Soundbar Review

Great review! Really horrible directivity. That's a clear advantage that most speakers offer over this soundbar, something that Rtings' reviews don't reveal. For soundbars with 3.0 channels on the bar, definitely testing the center speaker as a standalone would also be incredibly illuminating...
  7. M

JBL One Series 104 Powered Monitor Review

Junk ones. Lol. R19U. I used to verify how my video edits will sound on ****** speakers. That's about it.
  8. M

JBL One Series 104 Powered Monitor Review

So I got the 104BT model when it went on sale in my country. Got it for about 80$. OOTB they sound way better than my previous, cheap Edifier computer speakers. Was wondering now for applying EQ, how much of an impact my kitto will make. Should I have two presets? One taking into account the cat...
  9. M

What budget speakers you like to see reviewed?

JBL Nano K series might be a good budget result. Hopefully, they are an improvement over JBL 104.
  10. M

I am not smart enough for this forum

Oh thank lord! Now I can ask my question in a safe space. So in-room measurements should slope down, as we have read multiple times, but on measuring what? If white noise is played, should measurements of that also slope down, or is that slope down only sine wave sweep?
  11. M

Timber/Timbre/Tymber/Tymmer matching for surround speakers

Ahaan! I'll continue reading to update my knowledge. Finding it to be a fascinating read. The book is Sound Reproduction: Loudspeaker and Rooms. Not sure about version. I found this on page 38, chapter 3.
  12. M

Started reading Floyd Toole's book to actually know more before I commit to a system. Found this: "In a home theater, if broadband pink noise (not the common band-limited multichannel calibration signal) is switched to each of fi ve identical loudspeak￾ers, a listener facing forward will hear...
  13. M

Agreed. Downfiring makes more sense now especially after reading the recommendations by ITU. I'll look over my options and figure out what I can get. I'm thinking Atmos too. A 4.0.2 setup. No subwoofer coz apartment. Dali Alteco offer a lot of flexibility in placement but might be a tad low on...
  14. M

So based on these then, if placed on rear wall above listener, which I think is also done to increase distance for listeners, so that one isn't sitting too close to a single speaker, downfiring speakers such as Dali Alteco C1 be a better fit for compromised placement?
  15. M

On-axis, I'm sure timbre matching matters because you're getting direct sound from the speakers and variations in the response will be heard. I wanted to know if there's a scientific reason behind surrounds being timber matched even if you're listening to them off-axis. Maybe the reflections...
Top Bottom