Recent content by manueljenkin

1. M

Review and Measurements of Topping NX4 DSD Dac and Portable Headphone Amplifier

Groove works fine out of my phone + usb audio player Pro for bit perfect audio. It still manages to push nice power even when source from a phone though it is a tad more powerful out of a pc. I have been able to use phone -> groove -> hd800 quite well.
  2. M

Review and Measurements of Topping NX4 DSD Dac and Portable Headphone Amplifier

I'll recommend you to try the apogee groove. Used/refurb ones can be found less than 150$. I own both the nx4dsd and groove and I find the groove to drive my hd800 better than nx4. My friends with dt880, hd600 etc also feel similar, so I guess r70x would also fall in similar class (high...
  3. M

Review and Measurements of Musiland MU1 Headphone Adapter

Please prove it with squiggles and charts at those transient power scenarios (including SNR). Else I'll consider you too to have fallen prey to audiophoolery. :facepalm: Also to note the hypocrisy at play. You never considered the topology differences in the Apogee groove and directly concluded...
  4. M

WTFPLAY

Have you tried playpcmwin? For a windows based music player I found it to sound pretty nice.
  5. M

Easiest way to isolate the DAC from the noisy PC?

Something like this? https://www.loligosystems.com/usb-20-isolator-fullspeed Optically isolated and fast enough for audio. If you search other shops, you can find the same product for cheaper (around 50 USD ish)
  6. M

BURSON CONDUCTOR 3x

Hi Anubhav, did you check the line out level of the RME (whether it was 2v or 5v)? With my experience with burson fun, 5v input source is likely to input clip the amp beyond a point. I have the apogee groove which puts out 5v and it distorts the amp at full volume. Turning the level down to 2v...
  7. M

AudioQuest JitterBug USB Filter Review

Then do it and publish the whole set of measurements that correlate to everything relating to real signal reproduction, and get it certified by an official committee like IEEE, or get this place certified. Otherwise all what you say are just superiority claims, in the air, by someone with a...
  8. M

WTFPLAY

The number of tests being done here cover a very minimal subset of the total number of parameters that determine a signal's behavior. Simple. You don't have enough tests to conclusively say the full performance of the device with relation to reproduction of a real sampled signal of recorded...
  9. M

WTFPLAY

You certainly can't make claims on what measurements correlate to perceivable changes, the weights for different performance metric on audibility and what type of parameters need to be measured additionally unless you understand cognition properly. A big part of understanding cognition is to...
  10. M

AudioQuest JitterBug USB Filter Review

I think the word you're looking for is steady state behavior vs transient behavior, and as an addition level dependent changes? I too would advice to get a bit more experienced in the terminologies before arguing here. Pretty much with you on the cognition part. It's still not well understood...
  11. M

WTFPLAY

Well telling there shouldn't be a difference is a claim too! And cognition still being an area of constant experimentation, there's no way you can conclude things today. At best, you can have correlations. Burden of proof must be on either ways of claim. And again, you can't prove there will be...
  12. M

WTFPLAY

Comparing this to Planck's constant or speed of light is strawman-hat argument since they are direct physical phenomenon which have now been well understood to quite a good level, while audio is cognition related. There is still plenty of research happening on cognition, especially audio. Music...
  13. M

WTFPLAY

It is alsa, UAC compliant and asynchronous.
  14. M

WTFPLAY

Not sure what is broken in the nx4dsd I bought after the glowing positive review here. Drivers installed, so definitely in asynchronous mode. There are changes, if I have the gear like a decent ADC, I would likely be able measure it.
  15. M

WTFPLAY

It's task is to play music. It does it. It is functional. It may not have any of the features or input modes you want but it certainly isn't useless since it does what it is meant to - playing music. Comfort/usability is subjective, I prefer commandline since I find it quicker to use than...
Top Bottom