Recent content by manokaiser

1. manokaiser

3e Audio SY-DAPx002 TPA3250/TPA3255 DSP Amplifier

Dear Yiba, I've read your post in DIY Audio. Very interesting indeed. Regarding the auto EQ filters, well... there's a long debate on how much and at what frequencies this can be effective, in doing more good than harm. My conclusions, after lot's of reading and research is that in order to...
  2. manokaiser

Thanks for the confirmation. The bass boost is there to correct the natural response of the speakers I have designed. I use a couple of H Frame, open baffle bass drivers, which have a mild roll off starting around 50 Hz and lower. So depending on their final responce in the room a slight bass...
  3. manokaiser

Dear 3eAudio and Yiba, Thank you for the responces. So if I get it right this should do the trick, along with the appropriate hardware switch and RC network, is that correct?
  4. manokaiser

Hey Somebodyelse, thanks for input. I'm not at all familiar with PI or hifiberry so I should skip that. In the attached file there's an Application Note from Analogue Devices that describes how it's done. Seems very easy and straightforward to attach a switch and a resistor to one of the input...
  5. manokaiser

Well I've made a simplified version of it, with a two way switch (yellow highlight), which should be fairly easy to implement with an "Input GPIO Debounce" kind of thing, as I read on the web. Fact is I do not know if it's possible with this amplifier or how to do it if it is possible. Can...
  6. manokaiser

Here is my plan to configure the DSP in order to use it with a pair of Subwoofers. I have a couple of questions for 3eAudio or anyone that might know and is willing to help. I would like to be able to control the highlighted Switch just before the output with an external hardware switch. That...
  7. manokaiser

Why do records sound so much better than digital?

Dialectic, you got the point ;) Fundamentally, it's a digital universe. If we dig further down the rabbit hole, it only exists in and through our consciousness. It is also very much efficiency driven, when there isn't consciousness involved to perceive matters (that includes the measurements)...
  8. manokaiser

People with SMSL SA300 - Do you use Direct or SDB.

Here is a view of SMSL filters. It's from DA9 Amp, which uses the same chippers, it's reasonable to believe the implementation is same as SA300. Direct starts flat, with lowering the input signal -6dB to allow headroom for other filters. SDB seems to be a low and a high shelf. It boosts ~3dB the...
  9. manokaiser

Why do records sound so much better than digital?

There is no such thing as "analogue". It's only a matter of resolution. Everything is digital in this universe, discreet, very very high resolution digital information bits. I've spent my youth behind vinyl decks, with walls full of vinyl. I understand the feelings. Nevertheless, I'm all so...
  10. manokaiser

People with SMSL SA300 - Do you use Direct or SDB.

I use both, occasionally. I like the bass a bit thick, so most times I use Direct with a 3dB, 100Hz low shelf filter, when I can play louder. Afterhours, I often use SDB with lower volume to lift the lows a bit more, like a loudness control. I like SDB, though it's not very clear what it does...
  11. manokaiser

SMSL SA300 / Infineon Class D

I've got this > https://www.meanwell-web.com/en-gb/ac-dc-single-output-led-driver-mix-mode-cv-cc-with-elg--240--24a--3y Meanwell ELG-240-24A-3Y Very robust construction, Voltage and Current adjustable, all enclosed, certified for wet & dump conditions.I I didn't know what to expect out of it...
  12. manokaiser

Well, I've seen this module, but I have already ordered the integrated amplifier. So, this module is not the answer, maybe for another project. Nevertheless the questions remain open. I would like to have the flexibilities. What I want to do is to program the DSP as a low pass filter to use on...
  13. manokaiser

Hello everyone. I have ordered the TPA 3255 amplifier from 3eAudio. I have a few questions, if you'd be so kind to enlighten me. I would like to ask you if it's possible to bypass the digital section and feed the amplifier direct with an analogue input. Could I just couple the output from my...
Top Bottom