Recent content by Makahl

1. M

New Sennheiser HD490 Pro

I forgot to mention but the graph will be loaded and compensated to the default target in this tool. To uncompensate the graph, you can click on the "~" icon twice for the target in question. To set the targets that I mentioned above, you can select from this menu:
  2. M

New Sennheiser HD490 Pro

Apologies for the confusion. I first intended to share the actual GRAS industry-standard graphs by Aregina, which can be used with the Harman 2018 target you're showing. Therefore, I time-stamped the YouTube video above with these graphs. As MayaTlab pointed out, the Harman 2018 target was...
  3. M

New Sennheiser HD490 Pro

Alternatively to WebPlotDigitizer you can use VituixCAD, it's a bit more straightforward. The link from my post the graph is in higher resolution, which is easier to extract. https://kimmosaunisto.net/ Tools -> SPL Trace Align the XY axis bars (I prefer to set 100 Hz and 10000 Hz as it's always...
  4. M

Neumann NDH 30 Review

Sorry for the late response but I don't think so (the pic is from another forum).
  5. M

New Sennheiser HD490 Pro

You don't need to trace graphs from squig.link. You can download/save the source .txt by accessing the database (adding "/data" at the end of the URL) example: https://cammyfi.squig.link/headphones/data/ -- it rules out human error. Cammyfi seems to be using a clone rig, though. I don't know...
  6. M

Sennheiser HD600 Review (Headphone)

The new HD 490 Pro is something you might want to give a try. Measurements show more sub-bass and solderdude posted a short comparison versus the HD 600 and subjectively reported "better stereo imaging too (because of the angle and dip around 4kHz"...
  7. M

Neumann NDH 30 Review

Yeah, but you can buy the HD 6X0 headband padding to replace the NDH 30 padding and improve the overall comfort.
  8. M

Qudelix-5K Bluetooth DAC & Headphone Amp

Indeed, it's far from perfect, but Moondrop has updated its app and improved a little. Now, the CDSP can handle non-integers and the full range (5 bands PEQ, though), and the FreeDSP range is 60-20kHz (9 bands PEQ).
  9. M

TANCHJIM One IEM Review

The 2pin isn't standardized. If you're going to use a cable with preformed earhooks there's a big chance one side will be out of phase. Also, the stock cable 2-pin is way longer than the 'standardized' recessed 2-pin. I've been experiencing disconnects all the time with a third-party cable on...
  10. M

E1DA 9038D Review (portable DAC & Amp)

Out of curiosity, is the new ES9039q2m project only for the balanced topology S version, or do you have plans to make an updated '9039D' as well?
  11. M

TANCHJIM One IEM Review

I can't see how that'll help at all. The angled nozzle will fit oddly and the hook will still face the wrong side.
  12. M

TANCHJIM One IEM Review

PSA: I've switched the cable to a third-party one as I'm not too fond of the eye-catching silver material, and I've noticed that the sound was odd and out of phase. Checking the pinout seems to be indeed the case and not good news for most cables with earhooks: Riping out the earhook plastic...
  13. M

Review and Measurements of E1DA 9038S BAL Portable DAC & Amp

Looking good! I'd be curious to see a poll about whether users prefer 2.5mm or 4.4mm, as 2.5mm seems rarer in 2023 products such as dongles and daps. But I'd imagine that would add another layer of complexity to the current design/case.
  14. M

E1DA 9038D Review (portable DAC & Amp)

@IVX I'm not sure if it's easy to implement, but I'd love to have the option to disable the PTL via the 9038Tweak app. I added a negative gain to use it with my IEMs, and whenever I tweak the volume on Windows too fast, it decreases the gain via the PTL function, making it a bit bothersome to...
  15. M

Neumann NDH 30 Review

It's been confirmed that they share the same diaphragm by the Sennheiser audiophile product manager (link).
Top Bottom