Recent content by majingotan

1. majingotan

Trying to find the best DAC+Amp combo for the HD800s, under $900. Was originally leaning towards Schiit products, but they don't seem to review well.

You’re falling for FOMO seriously. Save money and just get a Midgard with either digital EQ or a Lokius and you’ll have infinitely better sonic experience than those two Schiit amps
  2. majingotan

Trying to find the best DAC+Amp combo for the HD800s, under $900. Was originally leaning towards Schiit products, but they don't seem to review well.

Same. Except my streamer is a dedicated Macbook Pro that solely runs Roon Endpoint or Spotify Connect (Windows 10 laptop is my Roon Core), and tubes are my fixed EQ effect boxes/headphone amplifier Can confirm! Heard the HD800 S through the Halo and was very impressed with the sonic...
  3. majingotan

Compatibility 16 Ohm Headphone connected to 32 Ohm Headphone Amp

Should be fine but can potentially cause audible distortion/clipping on loud volumes due to poor damping factor (assuming that 32 ohm is an OTL tube amp) Edit: just saw you added Topping A50III. Zero issues with the Organic whatsoever because the output impedance of it is <0.1 ohms
  4. majingotan

Spending big bucks on HiFi Audio

Lots of snake oils and deceptive marketing out there with HiFi Audio
  5. majingotan

Do you invest money in IEM cables for Design and comfort?

Thanks! It’s a nicely well done ear hooks that uses the ConX connector system that you can swap from MMCX to 2-pin and more. They also fit my ears perfectly like Custom IEMs
  6. majingotan

Do you invest money in IEM cables for Design and comfort?

My cable from 6 years ago still looks great and works excellently for my IEM. I like 8 wire configuration since they never tangle :)
  7. majingotan

Which flagship headphone has fantastic soundstage/imaging und bass?

Have you tried the DCA Expanse and Stealth? Both pull off these big bass and soundstage effect with ease
  8. majingotan

Serious Question: How can DAC's have a SOUND SIGNATURE if they measure as transparent? Are that many confused?

^ Sighted bias. Somehow we always fall for it. I have single blind A/Bed my Schiit Yggdrasil MiB (~119 dB SINAD with Ti DAC11001B R2R chip) against JDS Element III (~112 dB SINAD with ESS multibit-delta sigma) on Balanced to ZMF Homage (118 dB SINAD amp) and ZMF Atrium Open. Neither myself and...
  9. majingotan

Spyware In Cars - It's Worse Than You Think

Live in 15 minute cities. Problem solved … https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/15-minute_city
  10. majingotan

Spyware In Cars - It's Worse Than You Think

It's already real life on all connected vehicles with OTA firmware updates. They already have the tech to disable your vehicle wherever and whenever they want and by default you don't own that asset, and you're just subscribing to their ever changing EULA
  11. majingotan

Celebrity RIP Thread

Not music related but he's given a significant amount of happiness and joy to every kid in the 90's to even today during my childhood days. RIP Akira Toriyama https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/technology/rip-dragon-ball-creator-akira-toriyama/ar-BB1jwMEL
  12. majingotan

Best No oversampling dac to buy??

I currently use the second best measuring NOS DAC known to be confirmed by measurements aside from Holo Audio May which is the Schiit Yggdrasil More Is Better where you can completely bypass digital filtering hence it’s NOS and filterless (only analog filtering after conversion) and I seriously...
  13. majingotan

Dan Clark E3 Headphone Review

You're hearing the E3 as intended by its tuning. Comparing Utopia 2022 and E3 normalized at 500 Hz shows this Between 100-120 Hz alone Utopia has significantly more mid to upper bass presence hence you do need to boost that with E3 f you're accustomed to Utopia or even Hifiman's tuning. Add...
  14. majingotan

Serious Question: How can DAC's have a SOUND SIGNATURE if they measure as transparent? Are that many confused?

This is a very unscientific approach, you have to eliminate sources of errors especially Susvara and your Microphone. Eliminate the AHB2 as well so you isolate the variable only to the DAC and your ADC of choice (AP or dScope in particular)
  15. majingotan

Coffee - do you and how do you consume it?

Any difference between shake against WDT?
Top Bottom