Recent content by Magma

1. M

Headphones and the Harman target curve

Interesting. I tried Oratory's EQ with both AKG K371 and Focal Clears and with both, I had the same experience. Using EQ made them sound like there is a blanket on top of them. K371 is close to the Harman curve already though.
  2. M

About Valco ANC Bluetooth Headphones

How ANC and sound quality compares to the Sony WH-1000XM4?
  3. M

Best headphones for Rock/Metal under $2K

I don't think my Clears click at normal listening volumes. To be honest I'm not sure if I have ever heard mine clicking. I have to test it with unnecessary loud volume. But it is a downside for sure.
  4. M

Europeans: where do you get your Asian and American audio products from after July 1st?

Straigth from Asia or America just like I have done before.
  5. M

A bit about your host....

Thank you Amir for this website. Your credentials are truly top-notch. ASR is a wonderful resource and having an experienced and analytical person like you sharing his thoughts and findings is a privilege.
  6. M

Topping L30 Headphone Amplifier Review

All volume ranges are usable for me - I'm not going to sacrifice convenience here. Seems that differences are minor, inaudible. Same to use M setting then, no reason to use L or H in my case. Before I used L because I thought it had lower distortion.
  7. M

Topping L30 Headphone Amplifier Review

I can find a comfortable listening volume with every gain setting. I read that, surprisingly, distortion in low gain is higher than in the 0 dB setting. Should I use 0 dB?
  8. M

Best headphones for Rock/Metal under $2K

I own AKG K371 and Focal Clear and I can recommend both. AKG K371 is closed and cheaper, Focal Clear is open. Do you prefer open or closed?
  9. M

Sound quality: Spotify Premium vs Qobuz. Convince Spotify very high quality has good enough sound quality.

I completely forgot Amazon HD. I can try it for free for 3 months. Maybe I try it before Spotify hifi comes.
  10. M

Sound quality: Spotify Premium vs Qobuz. Convince Spotify very high quality has good enough sound quality.

Qobuz has one thing that Spotify lacks: a light theme. I don't like the dark theme that Spotify has. I decided to go with Spotify with the assumption that Spotify hifi will be available here and that it won't be too expensive.
  11. M

I had seen this test before a couple of times, but it seemed like too much work. I decided to do it this time. I didn't pay too much attention sometimes, but that's how I typically listen to music. I also focused on the first couple of seconds in each sample. I don't know why the result says I...
  12. M

Spotify Hifi should be released later this year. I don't know its pricing or if it will be available in my country, but it probably will be the best streaming service for me if it's available here. However, I don't have that choice now so I will be choosing between Spotify Premium and Qobuz. My...
Top Bottom