Recent content by magicscreen

1. M

Does Phase Distortion/Shift Matter in Audio? (no*)

This is the MAIN problem for High Fidelity. We never know it has high fidelity to...what? We do not know the original recording. So you can use only measurements.
  2. M

Blind test: we have a volunteer!!!

No, it just means the blind test is a wrong method. You cannot use your fallible ears+brain to prove that your ears+brain is fallible.
  3. M

He was able to make a difference between those 2 DACs. I can do a successful blind test between 2 DACs anytime as well. If only I had the time and the patience. I have almost zero ability to concentrate.
  4. M

Yes. On SBAF there is a successful blind test between 2 DACs recently.
  5. M

Burn-in testing - real or imaginary?

Yes, usually you have to burn-in audio devices. Exception: the well measured devices like Jds Atom, they have so bad sound quality as no burn-in helps.
  6. M

JDS Labs Atom DAC+ Review

Plastic case? Trash. I can buy Fx-Audio Tube-03 for $30 with a metal case. Are Americans thinking they can sell any trash for money?
  7. M

Catalogue of blind tests

But why do you need blind tests? I cannot understand this. You listen to a cable. What do you hear? Then listen to another cable. And now what do you hear? It is easy as pie. If you taste a very delicious chocolate cake, are you unsure it is delicious or terrible? Are you afraid about that your...
  8. M

Post research here that casts doubt on ASR objectivism

Very unfortunate you have a bad hearing and cannot hear difference between . . . well anything.
  9. M

Distortion down to -300 dB, what exactly does that mean physically?

This is a wrong equation. 1 bit = 6 dB<- this is a lie
  10. M

Vinyl conversion to digital - because "ripping" just doesn't sound right.

I am very tired of this fidelity baloney. Fidelity to what? Nobody knows. May be the original sound engineer does. But, I bet, he has forgotten already. Digital has better fidelity? Then why it sounds like crap? Are you suggesting every record, default, has to be crap quality or what?
  11. M

What was your best (and worst) audio purchase for the dollar?

Loxjie P20 has more enjoyable sound for the same price. MCTH has much, much better sound quality for $175
  12. M

What was your best (and worst) audio purchase for the dollar?

Best: Fx-Audio Tube-03 Worst: Jds Labs Atom
  13. M

Why Are Audiophiles so Bound and Determined to Make Others Waste Money

Yes I am tired of audiophiles who always recommend some audiofool crap. Like Steve Guttenberg Audiophiliac YT video
  14. M

Why are headphone amplifiers still so important to audiophiles?

First of all, blind test is a wrong method. You cannot use your fallible ears+brain to prove something.
  15. M

Review and Measurements of New JDS Labs Atom Headphone Amp

Thank you very much! After a long hesitation i have bought the Tube-03. It is great! It adds more musical, pleasant, clearer and detailed sound to the Atom.
Top Bottom