Recent content by magic44ken

1. M

Buckeye Amps: Purifi Mono, 2ch, and 3ch Official Thread

I'm also interested in a LCR version to be use in home theater.
  2. M

CBT Harman Kardon Radiance 2400

I wish Harman use a bigger driver for a more normal SPL output. It will be perfect for home theater system. Do you know if this new CBT project that Don working on will be release as a speaker kit or a commercial release?
  3. M

KEF LS50 Meta Review (Speaker)

Want about the difference on detail and clarity? Is LS50 Meta have much better than clarity and detail than R3 due to meta additional?
  4. M

Kali Audio IN-8 Studio Monitor Review

Thanks. Look forward to your finding. I wonder if they know about the big dip around 10kHz cause by the air gap between the mid and tweeter.
  5. M

SMSL DA9 - Wait and see, or solid buy?

Agree and furthermore, the overall tonality is very natural, clear, detail, excellent tight and detail bass and very quiet or black background. For this price, it's hard to find something that comes close this in such a small size. Runs very cool and comes with Bluetooth and a remote. This sound...
  6. M

I think the best thing is to submit a feedback to SMSL to see if they will add a setting for us to turn off or on or auto shut down after specify time.
  7. M

Thanks for sharing your mods for all us. Is there any chance you can get a picture where to apply the thermal paste? This makes it lot easier for those who are new to this.
  8. M

Kali IN-5 announcement

The sound difference against the R3 such detail, naturalness (warmth or richness of the harmonics), imaging and soundstage, etc.. Thanks Eric
  9. M

Kali IN-5 announcement

Nice. Can't wait. Can you do a quite comparison to KEF coaxial speaker?
  10. M

Bookshelf-Sized CBT array - Constant Directivity through 5,000hz

That ks for the detail solutions. I have though about it. Unfortunately, my living room doesn't have the space for multiple subs. You do hear a big different in the surround speakers if it roll off early below 200Hz. Another consider that I just read is the high frequency drops 10dB compare...
  11. M

Bookshelf-Sized CBT array - Constant Directivity through 5,000hz

In the future, do you plan to add a side woofer to fill the lower bass below 150Hz for those who don't have the space for a sub or don't use a sub for a desktop speaker? Also in a surround setup, movies have lots of content below 150Hz for surround and center speakers. So adding sub to main...
  12. M

Kali IN-5 announcement

KEF Q150 is another to compare to the In-5. Are there any comparison between Q150 and Elac Uni-Fi 2.0?
  13. M

JBL CBT 70J-1 Review (Constant Beam Transducer)

What is the speaker size when you say for home theater? For example, for traditional speaker a small tower uses 6.5 inch woofer and a mid tower uses 8 inch woofer, etc...
  14. M

I didn't purchase a pair but have listen several times in my friend's place. I love the benefits of coaxial and it have just enough detail to satisfy me. The timbre and tonality was good, but not enough tone color and the high sounds a little metallic sometimes on certain instruments. My...
  15. M

I see. Maybe IN-8 v2 will improve this dip. Let's hope the new Kali IN-5 have better integration without this common coaxial 8Hz to 10Hz dip. For my next coaxial speaker upgrade, I'm looking for similar or better detail and clarity than KL50. I just wish KEF do a 3 way active coaxial speaker.
Top Bottom