Recent content by MadMaxx

1. MadMaxx

Studio Monitors for now until the end

I've had a pair of Adam A7V for about 14 months and am extremely pleased. They sound pretty good without a subwoofer, but I recommend adding one if you like tight, punchy bass.
  2. MadMaxx

Adam A7V Measurement Report | Released

What @Klonatans wrote above... I recommend you choose a different subwoofer. I sold my Sub8 after a few months because it never provided the punch I wanted. The Sub8 is better suited for the A4V, IMO. I switched to an SVS SB-3000 and am thrilled with what I hear now. If you're still...
  3. MadMaxx

The ADC Conundrum: For studio and audiophiles looking for the right features

I switched from using dacs to an audio interface a couple weeks ago. I got the Apogee Duet 3 LE bundle (Duet 3 + dock) and couldn’t be more pleased with the performance. My speakers are Adam Audio A7V and SVS SB-3000. They integrated seamlessly with the Duet 3...
  4. MadMaxx

SMSL SU-X with 2x ES9039MSPRO

I think you're right. It's the D1se2 I'm talking about. My bad. Thanks for the correction.
  5. MadMaxx

Conversely, my music, along with games and videos, sound great through my E70V and the additional AD/DA conversion and DSP processing of the A7V. :rolleyes:
  6. MadMaxx

I tried the SMSL D400 Pro (single 9039 Pro) and it sounded like nails across a chalkboard through my Adam A7V speakers. It got no better after a full weekend of use. Maybe that dac just isn't a good match for the A7V and industrial/electronic rock? Glad I gave it a shot, but I'll stick with what...
  7. MadMaxx

TOPPING D90 III、TOPPING D50 III

Apos Audio has the D90 III for $900. https://apos.audio/products/topping-d90-iii-sabre-fully-balanced-hifi-dac-digital-to-analog-converter
  8. MadMaxx

What are the best small, bargain speakers you ever heard?

For almost 2 years I used a pair of iLoud Micro Monitors with my laptop setup and was very pleased... until I saw Z Reviews' take on the Swan OS-10. Gave'em a try and was totally surprised at how much better they sound than my Micros. These little Swans were about $100 less expensive than the...
  9. MadMaxx

FS: Drawmer CMC2 Compact Monitor Controller + (6) TRS/XLR cables -- New/Unused

All original items/accessories included. My CMC2 is in brand new/never used condition. I opened the box only to take the photos. Packed and will ship within 24 hours of payment received. What you're getting: Drawmer CMC2 Compact Monitor Controller All original boxes/items/accessories (3)...
  10. MadMaxx

Topping E70 Velvet (AKM 4499EX)

My last speakers were the LS50 Metas. I drove them with a Parasound integrated amp, but wanted to go with a power amp once I started using separate dacs. Some of my talk radio friends suggested I take my KEFs to a local Guitar Center and try them with different amps. The guys at GC were super...
  11. MadMaxx

Yeah, I get it, but he doesn't seem to be bothered by it. I didn't know you were an Adam Audio guy. Good to know there's more of us out there. I was a passive speakers guy for over 20 years until switching to the A7V after hearing a demo last summer. Ain't never going back!
  12. MadMaxx

Definitely some strong Geisha/Buddha vibes in his audio room. He's also got quite a collection of dacs. Our brave little E70V looks like a toy in comparison.
  13. MadMaxx

The positive reviews keep coming... https://positive-feedback.com/reviews/hardware-reviews/topping-e70-velvet-dac/
  14. MadMaxx

Topping E70 Stereo DAC Review

Cool setup. mate! Are your speakers the Klipsch 600M? Lots of favorable reviews of those beasts!
  15. MadMaxx

Topping E70 Stereo DAC Review

Well, now we know what's in your mind. I made no comparison between the E70V and E70; never heard the latter. I simply stated that I was quite pleased with my E70V. I've spent as much as $1800 on a dac (Denafrips Pontus 2) and could tell no difference in audio quality between it and my E70V. I...
Top Bottom