Recent content by Maconi

1. Maconi

Monoprice HTP-1 Home Theater Processor Review

You do realize that's how Dirac works, right? lol You have to pay for any plugins they sell for it (including Bass Control). That's not the fault of the HTP-1 (and if you're trying to save money you're free to correct the subs yourself using the built-in PEQ and what not).
  2. Maconi

Denon AVR-X8500H AVR Review

I get it it, and yeah it's neat if a product can maintain the performance all the way to 4v since that's obviously a sign of good design/quality. The point is it doesn't matter to the majority of people out there. Very few people are actually powering their units with amps pushing 4v (I know...
  3. Maconi

Denon AVR-X8500H AVR Review

Yeah, if you want XLR and Dirac it's still one of the best options IMO. The HTP-1's best SINAD was taken off the list (102 dB @ 2.7v) but this Denon gets 103dB @ 1.4v (and it seems it roughly maintains it through 4v). If you're using standard amps (usually between 1v-2v balanced) with the HTP-1...
  4. Maconi

Arcam AV40 AV Processor Review

Just curious, is this review still in progress (the JBL SDP-55) or is it on hold pending responses from Arcam or JBL/Harmon?
  5. Maconi

Subwoofer room size vs mlp distance

Main Listening Position
  6. Maconi

Emotiva RMC-1 AV Processor Review

You can check with an app like this (there are similar apps on IOS as well): https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dwa_ict.polaritychecker&hl=en_US
  7. Maconi

After having owned the RMC-1 in the past, I'll likely never bother with another Emotiva processor again. Measurements don't matter if the unit doesn't function the way it's supposed to. Another annoyance is their amps. They wire all of their amps in reverse polarity which obviously causes...
  8. Maconi

Honestly it seems like the HTP-1 got a less-than-stellar review because it was too complicated for Amir's liking (too many options to tweak). He was also never able to get HDMI working on this one. Once he figured out most of the settings everything measured acceptably (compared to other AVR...
  9. Maconi

Also just FYI, unless I'm confused you've mixed up the XMC-1 and the RMC-1 on this chart o_O lol.
  10. Maconi

Did you ever produce a SINAD vs Measured Level chart for the HTP-1? Apologies if I missed it. I'm just curious as to where its "peak performance" area is (since it seems to have tested better at 2.7Vrms than at 4Vrms). I also wonder if it would look any different now that they've released a...
  11. Maconi

I just don't understand the mindset is all. Even if it was the ugliest unit ever made, you could pay to have a new/custom chassis milled out of solid aluminum and still come in cheaper than most of the current competitors lol. Personally, I'm just looking for the best performer. As long as it...
  12. Maconi

Quote from 13:44-14:10 Is this really the current state of home theater audio "reviewers"? Because he doesn't like the chassis/and or the brand doesn't have prestige, he doesn't want to bother with it? Even if it might be a superior HT audio processor (comparably)? :facepalm:
  13. Maconi

Why do we need a center channel in a home theater system?

From what I've seen, most rooms are way too small (the main listening position is too close to the speakers) to allow the speakers to properly blend naturally. You'll usually have very obvious separation without the center. Even then there are usually tricks used (with room correction, EQ...
  14. Maconi

This thread is basically dead at this point lol. The RMC-1 is done and people have converted this thread into a debate about room correction. A warning from the moderator did nothing to bring it back on-topic so I doubt it's going to happen.
  15. Maconi

The amps that have XLR wired backwards and were measured poorly by Stereophile? https://www.stereophile.com/content/emotiva-xpa-gen3-two-channel-power-amplifier-measurements Is there a reason you're defending this company? :confused:
Top Bottom