Recent content by Machismo

1. M

Review and Measurements of Okto DAC8 8Ch DAC & Amp

Tried first two W11 computers, both got to the "verifying flash memory" for few seconds and then the update window just disappeared without updating. Then I tried my old W7 and it worked :)
  2. M

Okto 8 Owner’s Thread

Good point, I didn't think about the clock issue. DDRC88D might work yes. For me it would not be a waste of money, if it would work perfectly and anyway I think money is just a tool which has no value on it's own and therefore cannot be 'wasted'. On the other hand, bombing a city to ashes or...
  3. M

Okto 8 Owner’s Thread

Ok, thanks for the info! Right now I am running my system only 2 way with the SHD Studio + Okto. Works great like that of course since the Studio has xlr outputs. I guess if I had three of them I could have the Dirac active in the first one then route the outputs from that one to other two just...
  4. M

Okto 8 Owner’s Thread

After all the testing, what kind of spdif - aes cable worked the best with nano? I'm asking since I'm just about to start using my nanodigi2x8 with Okto. I'll use only half of the nanos outputs, so I hope that will work normally.
  5. M

Okto 8 Owner’s Thread

...arrived today :) Serial number 168, the firmware version is 1.42
  6. M

Okto 8 Owner’s Thread

Yes we are. For example I am still waiting for the 8 channel dac8 Pro that I ordered at the end of January. Order 315.
  7. M

Okto 8 Owner’s Thread

That's nice to hear. Thanks.
  8. M

Okto 8 Owner’s Thread

What if someone needs to cancel the order and get the money back or change the delivery address because moving to a new place, since the manufacturing takes so extremely long time. Does he answer to emails normally, is it possible to communicate to him?
  9. M

Okto 8 Owner’s Thread

While we are waiting for the orders, I will answer some of my own questions from the past: This was just like I thought, now my system and the mic do go over 25khz and it is a great way to check that everything is in order. Of course the tweeter also needs to be capable of playing high...
  10. M

Okto 8 Owner’s Thread

I hope the problem with the nanodigi is fixed by the time I get mine. I could buy something else too, if I would know what would have 8 channels and similar functions? Even if the price would be high.
  11. M

Okto 8 Owner’s Thread

Ok, I am not familiar how usb soundcards function. In any case, I already have an usb soundcard with digital out, so at least I can leave that one out. But I hope there is an 96 khz output format selectable in windows sound settings for the SHD Studio when connected with usb?
  12. M

Okto 8 Owner’s Thread

No problem, it was good to me understand. I red about it and found out that it's usually done ASRC way mostly to avoid jitter, which can create some quality problems too. So now I figured that the higher and more constant I can keep the khz rate through the chain of all devices, less the...
  13. M

Okto 8 Owner’s Thread

Yes that's the use case. Well, I was thinking that if the source is 96khz and that goes to DRC-88D, it's converted to 48khz for internal processing and then perhaps back to 96 on the output, it's better to keep it at 96 all along? But since I haven't designed these devices I don't of course...
  14. M

Okto 8 Owner’s Thread

Ok! I thought about DDRC 88d too, but noticed that it processes internally at only 48 khz, so I didn't want it anymore. Instead I bought the DDRC-22D (internal operating sample rate: 96 kHz) to use with Dirac and from that I plan to route the signal to the nanoDIGI 2x8 B. Not a very elegant...
  15. M

Okto 8 Owner’s Thread

Ok thanks. I already happened to modify my original post since I did some reading too and yes those filters are only for that one narrow purpose. Interesting that alternative firmware! I also red that originally there were plans for a official DSP version of Okto 8 but I guess there is not...
Top Bottom