Recent content by MAB

1. MAB

RME DPS-2 Linear Power Supply

Yeah, I saw it in my inbox when I woke up this AM, right above the email titled "Bloodied Horses Gallop Through Central London", figured everybody was having an off day.;)
  2. MAB

Will Belden 1696A work with my headphones ?

Aside from having a foil shield which is tightly wrapped around the center conductors, it has a very stiff jacket with an additionally stiff ground wire. So not what I think was suggested. The stiffness of the package would make for an uncomfortable listening experience. And be subject to all...
  3. MAB

Are passive radiator monitors true superior to ported, or are there any cons?

Those are (IMHO) very good budget speakers. The passive radiators do provide bass extension that most speakers at this price point can't match. Polk has been doing passive radiators since ages ago. It's an achievement just getting a floor stander with two passives at this price that sounds...
  4. MAB

How Long Do Speakers Sound as They Were Designed ?

Measure. I tend to measure my speakers out of the box. I may be odd that way. I used to work sales and installation, so it is a habit based on the surprising number of defective components companies sell us. It also allows me to monitor degradation. For instance, your tweeters have...
  5. MAB

Legal fund for Reviewers/Erin?

So it's narrowed down to: Sample to sample variation from Tekton. Irreproducibility of impedance measurements, likely on Tekton's side. Online emotions. All of the above.
  6. MAB

JBL S3900 replacement crossover help requested

You posted just as I was responding!:) This makes me happy!:cool: Great job. Glad Speaker Exchange helped, they are a wonderful business.
  7. MAB

JBL S3900 replacement crossover help requested

Bypassing the crossover will give higher output, especially if the drivers are padded with resistors. Have you tried swapping drivers from the good speaker, or swapping the crossover from the good speaker? It would be good to see if it is for sure the crossover. Also, do you have the image...
  8. MAB

Tekton M-Lore Speaker Review

Not two years ago. And you misrepresent what I said. All things you should look up...
  9. MAB

Tekton M-Lore Speaker Review

You mean like this? https://www.spinorama.org/compare.html?speaker0=Tekton+M-Lore&origin0=ASR&version0=asr&measurement=Estimated+In-Room+Response&speaker1=Adam+T8V&origin1=ASR&version1=asr...
  10. MAB

Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Review (Speaker)

Great idea!:) I need to stop complaining about bi-wire/bi-amp terminals!;)
  11. MAB

KEF Blade 2 Meta review by Erin's Audio Corner

Erin's reviews and the speakers he tests are valid topics. I think his reviews have some merit. And he does test some speakers I find interesting, so it compliments the tests I see here. I 100% disagree that it's "definitely out of place". If someone was shutting down discussion of issues or...
  12. MAB

Catalogue of blind tests

They really do sound the same. I linked a classic tests where amps from Pioneer mid-fi to Levinson, Futterman, etc. were indistinguishable among believers and skeptics of amp-differences. https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/actual-double-blind-studies.49105/post-1758497...
  13. MAB

KEF Blade 2 Meta review by Erin's Audio Corner

Hey, I don't want to get in the way of an argument.;) The post I made was to answer a question you asked about padding down tweeter noise. I used a really sensitive JBL D2 compression driver so careful generalizing to all designs. And the noise on that high efficiency driver was eliminated...
Top Bottom