Recent content by MaadScience

1. M

Eversolo DMP-A6 Streamer Review

This would almost be the perfect front end for an a/v system, but no ir remote control capability is a dealbreaker for me. I’ll stick with the matrix audio mini pro 3 for now.
  2. M

Topping LA90 Discrete Amplifier Review

I'm still confused about the power ratings. Would this be as powerful as my venerable Hafler 9300 (rated 225w RMS into 4ohms)? That amp has been driving a pair of even-more-venerable Acoustat Model 4's, which are electrostatic, big, and reputedly hard to drive. The Hafler manages fine, but...
  3. M

HIDIZS DH80S Review (DAC & Amp)

Ok that's good to know about the iPhone cable, thanks. For some reason my MacBook was not detecting the DH80S before, but now it suddenly is though I haven't changed anything. Thanks!
  4. M

Yes, I'm using the USB-C to lightning cable that came with the iPhone, and the USB-C cable that came with the DH80S for the MacBook.
  5. M

I bought one of these. It powers on, light comes on, plugged my Sundaras into the 4.4mm jack, and tried connecting to my iphone 12 and Macbook Pro. In both cases the sound just comes from my device speakers and nothing from the headphones. Did I get a defective unit, or am I missing some...
  6. M

Matrix Audio Mini-i Pro 3 Review (Streamer & DAC)

I just want to share my recent experience for the record. I primarily use Roon, but I noticed a couple of weeks ago that for some reason AirPlay had stopped working - the Mini-i Pro 3 simply stopped appearing on the AirPlay list. I posted the issue on the Matrix Audio forum, and "Chief Fun...
  7. M

How would you use the Matrix remote with another device? Just curious. In any case I'm going to hold on to mine in case my universal remote fails or I need to use it to program another universal/learning remote. Another minor annoyance with the Matrix is that it doesn't have a standard remote...
  8. M

- I can't speak to the unit's ability to detect USB input specifically as I haven't tried it. - If you start streaming via Roon or Airplay it will automatically switch to "Streaming." - But, if you start playback from an optical input source, it will NOT detect it or switch automatically. You...
  9. M

Quick update on my previous comments, just in case anyone out there cares: - The issue where it would randomly power down in PCM mode seems to be fixed. It hasn't happened since the last firmware update. - I wound up solving the remote control problem with a $20 Sony RM-VLZ620 programmable...
  10. M

You can Airplay Spotify from iPhone to Matrix, and for example still watch youtube videos on the phone simultaneously. However, you are right about the phone needing to be on and connected to wifi, etc. Another solution would be to Airplay from a computer, which you can then control with your...
  11. M

I'm experiencing the same issue. The auto brightness option no longer works - the display now stays bright when I select this option. Very disappointing that @MatrixAudio ignored you on this.
  12. M

Created an account just to offer my two cents on the Mini-i Pro 3. 1) It sounds great. Very transparent, extended, etc. It replaced a pretty high-end (if old) DAC, and playing Sufjan Stevens' "Illinois" the instruments and voices sparkled like I had never heard before. Playing Roon into a...
Top Bottom