Recent content by Lunafag

1. Lunafag

WiiM Amp Streaming Amplifier Review

The killer feature of this amp is it has high-pass filter for the speakers if the sub out is utilized. This makes for a very streamlined 2.1 setup.
  2. Lunafag

EQ apps for Android

There's also a special squig where you can listen to music while making the EQ. The changes are reflected in real time. https://listener.squig.link
  3. Lunafag

EQ apps for Android

For now you can make EQ profiles for wavelet from scratch, squig.link style websites, including crinacle's, can export directly to wavelet format. Not as great as having PEQ in the app but still manageable to do entirely on your phone.
  4. Lunafag

AV123 / GR Research X-Voce Speaker Review

He doesn't measure below 200Hz so he never saw that.
  5. Lunafag

EQ Software for Windows, Linux, macOS, iOS/iPadOS and Android.

EQ applications themselves may produce different results from the same set of filters, that's just something people should be aware of. Always measure what your speakers/headphones are actually outputting after EQ if you can.
  6. Lunafag

Quantization Noise 101: Where does SNR about 6N dB come from?

I thought undithered quantization produces distortion, not noise.
  7. Lunafag

Qudelix-5K Bluetooth DAC & Headphone Amp

With Qudelix you can have the same EQ in every app, in every device even. No need to worry about apps that don't have EQ, that a system update broke your system-wide EQ, that EQ applications themselves produce different frequency response from the same filters, etc.
  8. Lunafag

Dan Clark Audio Ether Flow 1.1 Headphone Review

LCD-24 has the lowest distortion measured on ASR if I remember correctly, pretty much ambient noise limited since it's lower at 114 than at 94. But when I tried it IRL it had channel imbalance. A shame.
  9. Lunafag

Dan Clark Audio Ether Flow 1.1 Headphone Review

That's how I ended up with Audeze and cheap single dynamic driver IEMs(kind of absurd IEMs get worse in distortion the more you spend on them). Stock tuning of any headphone is just not doing it for me these days.
  10. Lunafag

Why RTings measured it differently: AKG open-ear bad 1k-3k distortions

Weighting bass distortion is baffling to me. Sure, comparing bass vs bass with harmonics added is probably not that audible. But that's not how it works in headphones. Play a voice sample and a strong subbass tone at the same time. A headphone with high bass distortion will make the voice warble...
  11. Lunafag

Most powerful ultra portable headphone dongle?

I'm using a es9280c DAC+cable combo from aliexpress. As portable as it gets and outputs fair 2V. Gets warm in use though.
  12. Lunafag

Truthear x Crinacle Zero:RED IEM Review

With the drama I forgot it's even an IEM discussion thread. A well though out product with not much to blame. Like the inclusion of the impedance adapter, the one thing where there's a confirmed preference split is in the level of bass. A potentiometer in the cable would be a more elegant...
  13. Lunafag

TRUTHEAR x Crinacle Zero Red

In non-linear domain most definitely. Which is why stuff like Quarks DSP is unusable. For GRAS it's 98%, for clone couplers - who knows. If the whole argument is "if it's not 100% then it's invalid" then I'm not interested in continuing. Here's their method. The only difference is in the rig.
  14. Lunafag

TRUTHEAR x Crinacle Zero Red

Speakers have directivity that you can't change with any kind of DSP. So it's not really possible to make two speakers sound the same.
Top Bottom