Recent content by LuminousMoth

1. LuminousMoth

Antelope Amari Measurements

amazing work! really interested to see more pro audio gear measured !!
  2. LuminousMoth

HIFIMAN Susvara Headphone Review

that response had me laughing out loud :P
  3. LuminousMoth

Neumann KH120 II Monitor Review

I'd say dont wait.. you are missing out
  4. LuminousMoth

it really is as good as it gets!! thankfully my ears appreciate the flatness to its fullest so I don't have to do a thing ;) This is a steal for the price!
  5. LuminousMoth

it does! and if you act fast they are currently running a promotion where they give the MA1 calibration mic for free if you purchase a pair of the new KH 120 ii or the KH 150.
  6. LuminousMoth

WOW! just wow! I just got them and my first impression was how dead center the phantom image was, then the bass note hit and I literally shed a tear.. impressive bass for such a small speaker, and to think I haven't even done the MA1 calibration yet. These will pass down to my children as my...
  7. LuminousMoth

Best 'hi-fi' audiophile bookshelf type speaker to pull mixing/mastering duties in a studio?

Any updates on this now that's you had them for a while? Do you still have both? Do you prefer one over the other?
  8. LuminousMoth

Neumann KH 150 Monitor Review

thas was the review I was waiting for!! I am between this and the KH310. I can actually get the KH310 cheaper which seems like a better deal, but this is a newer speaker with DSP included. which one did you prefer between the 2?
  9. LuminousMoth

Is there any difference between the LCD-24 and LCD-X 2021 after are both equed to the Harman Curve?

S Sound is very subjective, best thing is to try both if you can. When I tried them both I found that the 24's had significantly more wide soundstage and better imaging compared to the X. In fact I was trying to convince myself to like the X more so I could save more money but I liked the 24...
  10. LuminousMoth

Topping L50 Review (Headphone Amp)

You will get more power if you use the balanced cables to go from the E50 to L50. But you can then use the balanced passthrough from the L50 to go to your speakers. The only downside if you do it this way is that you cannot have your speakers and headphones play at the same time. If that's a...
  11. LuminousMoth

What headphones would you like Amir to measure next?

You have to ask them with the S/N, I could ask them for you if you want to PM me your S/N or you just send then a message on their customer support. Its for individual HP. I know Amir's response is more accurate since its Raw but I want to compare all three together, the RAW measurement of...
  12. LuminousMoth

What headphones would you like Amir to measure next?

Hey man, thanks for the reply, I did end up trying both and my impressions align with yours. It took multiple visits and speaking to the manager for them to let me try the 24s, because they only had 1 in stock and they didn't want to open it for demo, but in the end they agreed that anyone...
  13. LuminousMoth

Is there any difference between the LCD-24 and LCD-X 2021 after are both equed to the Harman Curve?

I ended up hearing them both and preferred the 24. Now I need to find a math wiz to turn the supplied frequency response from audeze to match it to the harman target.
  14. LuminousMoth

the only thing that kinda worries me is that the 24 has a few dips in the highs compared to the X and I am not sure if thats equable.
Top Bottom