Recent content by LtMandella

1. LtMandella

SMSL DO200 MKII DAC Review

Just before I read your rant, I played some music from files on my computer, using Jriver. I had completely forgotten that I had set the Jriver DSP to upsample all to DSD 2X. But I sure as heck instantly noticed when I started playing the tracks, that it sounded really smooth and sweet, much...
  2. LtMandella

Wiim Pro distortion on spdif input

Would using an "intermediate" s/pdif coax/toslink converter/distributor help with the bad signals from the TVs? The devices are only $25 or so. I use one for converting the coax output of my FIIO M11 ESS Plus to toslink so I can feed the toslink s/pdif input of my wiim pro.
  3. LtMandella

Wiim Pro issues

I gave up on Amazon music. The Amazon music app team has never been very interested in hi-res or support for typical features such as full implementation of windoz exclusive mode. I dumped Amazon music and am much happier with TIDAL CD quality at $10/month.
  4. LtMandella

WiiM Pro - Review & Measurements (Streamer)

Very helpful to me, thank you for doing this testing! I am lucky to have great classical FM station over the air reception (KCNV 89.7 Las Vegas) to a lovely sounding Sony ST-J75 tuner, and I use the analog input of a wiim pro to get multi-room FM listening and TIDAL streaming with my two other...
  5. LtMandella

SMSL SU-1 Stereo DAC Review

I stand corrected, thank you. I never have used the power button since I first powered up, it always lights up as soon as I plug in power, and these old eyes ain't what they used to be.
  6. LtMandella

It powers up when power is connected- there is no power switch. And I bought two it sounds so good and I am concerned it will go out of production or SMSL will wise up and increase the price :)
  7. LtMandella

AIYIMA A07 TPA3255 Review (Amplifier)

I have seen results of testing of some of the cheap power supplies. They often don't come even close to what they promise in the way of current, voltage, and noise. Buy the best quality, like an authentic meanwell.
  8. LtMandella

Doesn't even need to be distortion that is masked. Could be that source has sonic characteristics that listener finds objectionable which are then masked by distortion of a certain playback device. The phsycoacoustics of human hearing and what listeners find "enjoyable" is complex. And let's...
  9. LtMandella

I think it is accepted fact that some kinds of distortion can mask other kinds of distortion that may be more objectionable to listener even if lower amplitude. Not familiar with that concept?
  10. LtMandella

phsycoacoustics needs to be taken into consideration.
  11. LtMandella

AIYIMA A07 TPA3255 Amplifier Measurements and Review - LM4562 (and OPA2134) option

Yeah finding the sweet spot between the two is what I have been trying to do. Kind of a pain when switching sources with different output levels and no remotes anywhere :(
  12. LtMandella

AIYIMA A07 TPA3255 Amplifier Measurements and Review - LM4562 (and OPA2134) option

oh well, another dumb idea of mine to go in the circular file ;) But perhaps there is a flaw - or at least limitation - of the logic of DBT. It is quite possible that any one change might not improve distortion enough to be audible by itself in a DBT. So one could eschew multiple different...
  13. LtMandella

I was thinking that would result in too much gain but worth a try.
  14. LtMandella

I bought two A07s, one to experiment with and one to listen to (and maybe eventually I will try bi-amping). I own multiple preamps (Transcendent Grounded Grid, Hafler DH-101 x 2), Musical Fidelity preamp out from M1Clic, Musical Fideltiy preamp out from A1-2008, FIIO headphone out, etc, etc...
  15. LtMandella

Pro-ject Phono Box MM Review

MQA encoding is lossy. The marketing hype from that company about MQA sound quality I believe has been discredited.
Top Bottom