Recent content by LtCol_Davenport

1. L

Portable USB-C DAC Suggestion

Got it. Thanks for sharing your experience.
  2. L

Portable USB-C DAC Suggestion

Hello, I would like some suggestions on a portable USB-C DAC to buy. I will just use it for my laptop as it has really terrible audio. The headphones to drive are cheap ones, costed something like 50€ish, some Sony ones. Nothing crazy. If possible, I would prefer one with no "fixed" cables, I...
  3. L

What budget speakers you like to see reviewed?

Where ever tested these? I was looking up for a review and just found this post. Am I simply missing it or just did not get reviewed? Thanks.
  4. L

Bookshelf Speakers Amp Recommendations?

Thank you very much for the time you took writing this, sorry for the late response. So now my question is, when you would suggest passive speaker with an Ampli over powered studio monitors? Moreover, if you read a couple of my message, I would like to add a SubWoofer, I can I add it if I...
  5. L

Ok, well, good to know. But, why all this trust in Studio Monitors? I mean, it seems you are pretty confident that a "random" pair of studio monitor will beat a "random" pair of Bookshelf speaker + Ampli at a given price, or am I understanding something wrong here?
  6. L

Not at all. Just started asking a couple days ago. Still not bought anything. I am probably dumb, but how can I plug them into the DAC? Are Studio Monitors Powered? I honestly don't know, but I can trust you, the point is, I don't have $600 Speakers (but 200 ones) and I was looking for an Amp...
  7. L

Mmm...I am pretty sure we misunderstood each other, as you look quite pissed and you didn't wasted my time. I was really looking for an explanation. I certainly don't need something tested here, no doubt. Both my current Amp and Speaker was not tested here and work just fine. I was just trying...
  8. L

Nice to ear. Well, I am absolutely not against, but I was told they were basically from €400+ so I have not even looked into. Do you have any specific recommendation?
  9. L

Interesting. Thank you. What's your opinion between this, the PA5 and DA-9?
  10. L

And why would you say that? No ASR Review here to reference, no balance connection, doesn't seems to stand out for audio quality or something else (for the brief look I have given to it) and it is not even within my initial budget (€150-250). Could you extend your thought on it, please? Why...
  11. L

Just as an update. After your suggestions, I take a look at the: Topping PA5: It has an ASR Review, so, well, it starts good. It measures awesome and the reviews, everywhere, seems really good too. It is a bit of a stretch for my budget (Amp + Cables >€350) but eventually, I may decide to put...
  12. L

Ahah thank you for the laughs and the suggestion :) Appreciated your time.
  13. L

Oh If I could find any of those sure! I am absolutely for second hand stuff. Unfortunately, difficult to find for cheap/low tier brand when looking for something specific.
  14. L

Oh that's nice to know. It is the most affordable suggested so far. I will certainly look at it!
Top Bottom