Recent content by Lsc

1. L

Legal fund for Reviewers/Erin?

This will all blow over soon. One rogue manufacturer isn’t going to start copycat litigations, in fact it’s a good lesson to not be so rash. I was just at Axpona yesterday. It’s a tough world being a manufacturer and break through. No one wants bad press. A foundation to protect hobby...
  2. L

I will contribute by not buying Tekton products. I was tempted several years ago but chose Revel instead and it looks like I made the right choice. Btw, i never heard litigation and lawsuit not mean the same thing. After those ridiculous YouTube videos, it’ll be interesting how this affects...
  3. L

Erin is not being sued so any talk of a go fund me probably should be halted. For those that feel generous, just go to his patreon site and leave the rest of us out of it .
  4. L

Revel F206 Tower Speaker Review

If bragging rights is a reason for someone to own the performaBe or ultima2 speakers, that’s a horrible reason. There is a genuine performance improvement with the beryllium tweeter but it doesn’t diminish how good the performa3 F206 is. I owned the F208 for 7 years before upgrading to the...
  5. L

Revel Salon 2 - $15 k 'last dance' sale

The manufacturers test or don't test the quality of their parts. All of the best speaker companies design drivers to meet their goal so of course they well be proprietary. Anything that you buy is guaranteed by the manufacturer until the warranty period, if there is one. - My salon2's...
  6. L

Well I can see now why Samsung wants to get rid of Revel. They have millions of soundbars to sell and will make 100x more a year . Yay for us!
  7. L

Yes that would be terrible if I can’t listen to music at realistic volumes since this is a daily activity for me. The cost to get a few % better is what I’m referring to when I say it’s overrated. But everyone has their own target and budget. Did you ever get those active speakers?
  8. L

Yes hopefully in about 10 years where my hearing won’t notice a difference. The salon2/voice2 need to be reliable. Well I have about 3 years warranty left on the voice2. Even now I can go to the basement in the game/media room with my old Revel Concerta system w a JL F113 and can get 90%+ of...
  9. L

The Revel Salon2 is probably the most well known speaker coming out of Harman’s recent history. But I wholeheartedly agree that they punted on building the brand. If Revel goes away…it’s no skin off my back. I’m just a consumer and the salon2/voice2 have me in a place where I don’t even look...
  10. L

I’d just keep the F328Be since you already went down that road. Since I bought the salons used 2 years ago, I’m planning on just staying on this road . I’m guessing it’s too close to call to go thru the hassle.
  11. L

Revel F208 versus Studio 2?

That’s exactly right. The F208 is not as good as the studio2 which makes logical sense. Studio2 is much more substantial….yes the F208 is as tall as the studio2 but the studio2 is deeper and has similar 2 1/2” sculpted baffle as the salons etc etc. When I bought the F208 I thought the...
  12. L

Revel F208 versus Studio 2?

Yes the main thing was cost. It was $5000 vs $16000. I did buy the C208 back then as well. Now I have the salon2 and voice2. If cost was not a factor then no doubt I would have bought the studio2. It looks way better and sounds better too.
  13. L

What advice you wish you could have given to your younger self or someone new to this hobby?

Stick with Revel Concerta line instead of upgrading to the Ultima line. Over time as my hearing gets worse, they start to sound similar. Buy the best subs I can from the start as these make a difference during teh entire journey.
  14. L

Eversolo DMP-A8 Announced

Can the A8 do the HT bypass using the XLR input?
  15. L

Marantz AV10 AV Processor Review

The RMC-1 was the highest measured processor for several years and is still one of the highest. The XMC2 had very mediocre measurements in comparison but Emotiva says 2 channel performance of the two processors should be identical so who knows? The RMC-1L was never measured. My XMC2 sounds...
Top Bottom