Recent content by LoyK

1. L

New Sennheiser HD490 Pro

Lots of studio and newer Hifi-Headphones do this and trying to fix it via EQ on some of them I kinda agree that it just sounds better that way and is way less fatiguing/you can listen longer/louder. This graph is also compensated to a target and maybe they decided that the target had too much...
  2. L

New Sennheiser HD490 Pro

The point of this model is to sound pretty good overall and checking nearly all the boxes for me/many others I guess. There are also very good DACs using basic chips like for example in RME ADI-2 series -> the implementation is as important as the driver. And also the measurements from from...
  3. L

New Sennheiser HD490 Pro

Comfort is better for me because the pads are wider and the swivel/headband is better. Construction, cable etc. also better. Soundwise I think it has a better bass, the 1K region is a bit less forward and the treble seems better extended. It sounds less grainy and clearer for me. Also it...
  4. L

New Sennheiser HD490 Pro

I got mine yesterday and really liking them so far. Last week I had the HEDDPhone 2 and Ollo S5X here and for me these are simply better for me. I also have the Hd560s Revision from 2022 and these are quite a bit better overall I think. Good job Sennheiser Pro!
  5. L

DT900 Pro X with Audient iD14 MK2?

You can see what the output impedance will do to the frequency response in this review from @solderdude : DT 900 Pro X on DIY-Audio-Heaven It will get a bit warmer sound but I think you should try it for yourself OR add a dedicated headphone amplifier with <1 Ohm output impedance. I think for...
  6. L

SMSL HO100 Review (Headphone Amp)

My HO100 started to blink red while listening on low volume today...seems like the protection circuit. But there is no mention in the manual how this can be fixed. No sound output anymore. Any idea/chance to fix it without sending it back/repair?
  7. L

Adam A4V Monitor Review

Thanks for Review Amir! The speaker should have two sound presets called UNR and Pure. It would be interesting to compare the responses.
  8. L

Hifiman Ananda Review (headphone)

Did you check if this is a maybe a simple problem with the connection/soldering to the driver? I would remove the pad like described in the manual and maybe bring it to a local electrician (if you have no clue).
  9. L

iD4 & iD14 MK II - Audient updated their Audio Interfaces

No, it still has about 22 Ohms (but more power): Julian Krause Review
  10. L

Focal Alpha 65 EVO Review (Studio Monitor)

@amirm : Would be interesting to see if the distortion gets lower with a few hours of burn-in (or how many hours did they play before the measurement?) and maybe a bit hotter room temperature. 14°C for fresh/stiff materials could really cause non-ideal behaviour I guess. Thanks for the...
  11. L

Hifiman HE400SE Review (Headphone)

Comparing Ananda and HE400se (V2 or Stealth) for several weeks I can only tell you that my ears decided to sell HE400se and keep Ananda ( knowing that I could sell Ananda for about 4 times the price AND that I am quite the objectivist as an electrical engineer in communications/high frequency...
  12. L

Hifiman HE400SE Review (Headphone)

I owned this headset and thought it was sounding really good for its price. Comfort though was really bad for me so I sold it. Also it was kinda slow/untight in the bass I think and the soundstage was very focused, pretty small out of the head soundstage compared to for example my Ananda...
  13. L

I tried my adapters 6.5mm mono to RCA and then normal RCA to my Schiit Magni Heresy and I think it works/sounds fine. @bud947: Sure, ASIO all the way for me as I sometimes like to input my guitar and jam out.
  14. L

I would guess that the output of iD4 is aswell. Don´t think they would change this between such similar devices. But you could ask their support: https://support.audient.com/hc/en-us/requests/new Just got my iD14 MKII a few days ago. Sounding good, headphone out is decent for such an interface...
  15. L

Audeze Mobius Review (Gaming Headset)

I am also not sure about these distortion measurements because going analog in can cause distortion in the ADC (maybe a preamp stage also?) which is bypassed when using USB. Also going analog in you have two volume controls - the one in Mobius and the one in your source device which can easily...
Top Bottom