Recent content by lowmagnet

1. L

Dan Clark E3 Headphone Review

From descriptions of comfort, matching Harman (with opinions!) and descriptions of distortion characteristics, I really picked comfort for a lot of my lean into this as my next pair. I spend at least 8 hours a day wearing phones. They have to be un-fidgety and self-adjusting, and E3 ticks both...
  2. L

Sufficiently advanced technology appears as magic. :D
  3. L

They sound very open, just like my Arya Stealth or HD 650 or any other open back. I've tried them with crossfeed both on and off in roon, and I don't think it adds enough to leave it on. They do not sound "in your head" they sound "in a room", if I were to describe the result
  4. L

My 650s have seen thousands of hours, and I haven't really listened to my dynamic drivers since getting into planars. The main difference is that while they both have open sound and good presentation, the 650, and any open backs, let all the noise of the world in and as such, it's hard to...
  5. L

My HD650 have had their earpads, 2 cables, and the head pad replaced since 2008. My wife is wearing them right now. excellent value in those terms.
  6. L

It has arrived, a day early. Thanks to a shop I've used in the past: moon audio. First impressions were that it was packaged and packed so carefully! Layers of bubbles, some foam wedges, are real peace of mind upon opening. The 3d-printed block for keeping the earcups from smooshing should...
  7. L

Mine should arrive on the 12th. Looking forward to having some isolation again (I live near a sawmill, and there are backup alert systems going off all the time over there)
  8. L

Effect of Cannabis use on hearing

I tend toward 26% stuff a lot, but with high Caryophyllene content, which leaves you pretty clear. I've a pax and it's great! Though most of the time I combust because of habit, and it takes a lot to pack a pax full. Does seems to go farther though.
  9. L

Effect of Cannabis use on hearing

It's me, except dead air.
  10. L

Magnepan LRS/LRS+

seems like you're looking for MMG W, which is designed for this application
  11. L

First Impressions of the Magnepan LRS vs. the LRS+

My sub is definitely mandatory with my SMG-a and I'd imagine that tight bass will add a lot to your system as it did mine. I used YPAO to correct my system, but my sub itself can integrate as well.
  12. L

Air Pressure and Balloons and Presence Near You

Yeah, it's not unique to any one of us, you just have to listen to the patterns around you. You'd be surprised about how much is around the noise floor of our consciousness that we automatically filter out unless we concentrate on the input.
  13. L

ASR recommended by ChatGPT

I've run a test, I got it to make the same mistake a few times in a row, so it accepts criticism, but does nothing with it yet.
  14. L

ASR recommended by ChatGPT

when bard says wrong things it accepts criticism
  15. L

SMSL D400EX DAC Review

I'm an ergonomics person, and for the most part this has good ergo. IDK what it is about the dial but I can't really click it, so I'm wondering if the instructions are just wrong.
Top Bottom