Recent content by Lossless

1. L

AKM is DEAD!

The only thing I said about chip pin count is outside differentiating feature. I made no claim that 128 is better than 64. The specifications are lower on the new 64 pin AKM chip according to data sheet.
  2. L

AKM is DEAD!

…Nature of the beast.
  3. L

AKM is DEAD!

Don’t sir me either.
  4. L

AKM is DEAD!

Simply because my choice of words, grammar, or approach isn’t up to your standards doesn’t give you the right to talk down to me with your condescending remarks. I can easily recognize pretentious jerks by the intent of their speech.
  5. L

AKM is DEAD!

I gave you the basics. I’m not here to debate architectural differences, AKM factory FAB processes, or metal stacking . Do your own homework if you sincerely want to know more. It doesn’t require any knowledge of rocket science. The numbers speak for themselves.
  6. L

AKM is DEAD!

Unfortunately that thread is mostly marketing hype from the manufacturer.
  7. L

AKM is DEAD!

Did I say “AKM is out of business”? NO I did NOT. The old AKM chips we used to know are history. Would you want your Bugatti made in an GM factory?
  8. L

AKM is DEAD!

Simply look at the block diagram and you tell me.‍♂️
  9. L

AKM is DEAD!

See, you Learn something new everyday. The Greater the die size, the more circuits you can print.
  10. L

AKM is DEAD!

Is AKM blatantly lying about the new AKM-AK4499EX chip being better? Here is the 117 page original AKM AK4499EQ chip’s data sheet. https://media.digikey.com/pdf/Data%20Sheets/AKM%20Semiconductor%20Inc.%20PDFs/AK4499_Feb2019.pdf. The new AKM-AK4499EX chip is a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT 64pin...
  11. L

Do MQA DACs benefit non-MQA music?

I’m referring to minimum-phase filters which have only a post-echo in their impulse response. Although you have other undesirable artifacts. The way I understand it is if you increase sample frequenciy to 192kHz or 384kHz you reap dividends for impulse response filters, because as filter slopes...
  12. L

Maybe I am misunderstanding some things. But a sound in nature doesn’t actually “build up”. But some electronic impulse response filters induce this unnatural build-up or pre-ring. This isn’t as much as a problem for the post-ring. But I’m just trying to learn, so...
  13. L

In Layman’s terms, temporal blur would be hearing the sound of a note before it actually happens. An example in electronic audio would be a “sharp roll off” impulse filter that has audible pre-ringing and post-ring. Post-ringging isn’t an issue as much because it’s usually masked by the music...
  14. L

https://www.soundonsound.com/techniques/mqa-time-domain-accuracy-digital-audio-quality
  15. L

Is temporal blur not a real thing?
Top Bottom