Recent content by Lord Victor

1. Lord Victor

Infinity Modulus - Any good?

I’m beholden to whatever is on the used market where I am, sadly. That and my aesthetic taste :p
  2. Lord Victor

That’s a shame. Not many interesting speakers on the market it seems like, this was one of the few here. Have you hade a chance to try them out?
  3. Lord Victor

Hey there, I’ve always liked the industrial look of these speakers, and got the chance to get a pair with stands at the moment. Does anyone know if they’re any good by current standards? Stereo phone tested/measured them back in the day...
  4. Lord Victor

How to measure Sound Absorption Coefficient? Software?

Yea, it’s not too crucial. Ideally it’d be directly translatable. But not a must. I found a paper detailing how to make a small scale reverb chamber. The question is how small would work. Or if I could still make something along the impedance tube principle that might work. I worry that with a...
  5. Lord Victor

Thank you for the response! Tables won’t do me any good sadly, since I’m trying to develop new materials, and need to test them. The question with the RT60 method is wether this would work with smaller scale experiments? Making a large enough sample to use it in a full size room isn’t really...
  6. Lord Victor

Might it make sense to replicate the room scale test at a smaller scale? Making a sealed box, with one wall covered with the test material, placing a speaker at one end and a Umik at the other. Maybe pointing them at the material at 45 degree angles so most of the direct/beaming frequencies are...
  7. Lord Victor

Hey, I’m currently working on a university project where I’ll need to test the absorption ability (SAC) of various material samples. I found this paper which is good, but it isn’t clear to me if I can do this without an audio analyzer? Or if there is another simpler way to get results good...
  8. Lord Victor

Minidsp SHD Review Updated (DSP, DAC & Streamer)

I received the unit same day a new update was released, and factory reset it entirely per MiniDSP's recommendation (managed to have single exchange with their support before their holiday) - so everything was zeroed and updated to the newest. When using the internal streamer it is hooked...
  9. Lord Victor

Given the periodic/random nature of the issue, I'm never going to be 100% certain; but I've been playing via analogue input and USB input for a couple of days now, and haven't noticed the issue. So it seems plausible it might be exclusive to internal streamer/volumio. Not sure what to do about...
  10. Lord Victor

Tidal connect, so it’s own internal streamer. And not at a particularly high volume (-45dB to -30dB)
  11. Lord Victor

Yep, I’ve done a full factory reset by unplugging the power supply, holding down the reset button on the back, plugging it back in, and then pressing the reset all button in the software, and refreshed all the software updates - but the issue seems to persist. It’s thankfully a very minor...
  12. Lord Victor

I just got an SHD second hand, and its great! But every now and then the volume will drop for a split second, by a couple dB. Like lag/hitching, or as if someone quickly pressed down and back up on the volume. At first I was using airplay, and thought it might be my phone lagging or a bad...
  13. Lord Victor

Purifi vs. Pascal - What is going on?

I mean, it’s categorically wrong to say it means ‘nothing’ - just that what I means might just be that people somehow all magically agree on the same delusion. Or that there is an actual sonic difference but it’s minute. Or it’s notable but a lot of people are deaf. Or people are just biased...
  14. Lord Victor

Qualities correlated to Soundstage or ASW? Looking for papers.

Thanks - Interesting, I’ll give that a look. I don’t doubt dsp can affect perceived staging - Dirac certainly does. Though in this case I’m trying to figure something out that’s a property of a passive speaker. Some of the same properties could of course be affected with a sap I’d imagine...
  15. Lord Victor

Qualities correlated to Soundstage or ASW? Looking for papers.

Let’s just stop wasting each other’s time at this point - I’m pretty sure we both know what the other person means/is talking about. (Recorded stage vs. The one caused in reproduction - whatever you want to l that.) If you don’t like calling it soundstage feel free to stop using that term in...
Top Bottom