Recent content by lopchu

1. lopchu

iPhone to Amp: Lightning to 3.5 mm Headphone Jack Adapter or USB Camera Adapter into Topping D10 or sth else?

Yeah, I see the point. And of course the final decision will be individual. Regarding portability, that is no factor as I use noise cancelling in ears (Sony XM4) when on the go. But I saw a different point: First, I would need the "Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter" (the power port) which is...
  2. lopchu

iPhone to Amp: Lightning to 3.5 mm Headphone Jack Adapter or USB Camera Adapter into Topping D10 or sth else?

Thank you so much! Already learned a lot. And will keep the output voltage in mind. But the recommendation of option c (lightning dongle with 2.0V) also raised another question: What is the advantage over the Camera adapter->D10 solution? Because I know one disadvantage: it costs more. I...
  3. lopchu

Hi, I am about to upgrade the little music listening corner a bit. At the moment I have a turntable that goes into a NAD amp phono stage and out via the tape recording function into a JDS Labs Atom Amp. Headphones used to be the Sennheiser HD650, but now is an AKG 371. Works fine, sounds nice...
  4. lopchu

Headphone EQ on RPI

moOde 7.0.0 was released yesterday. It includes
  5. lopchu

Open back recommendation

I paid 200€ for a used HD 650. It would need an amp though. On the plus side, you're probably settled if you like the HD 650 sound. You could also get the HD 58X, which are much easier to drive but similar to the 650. They are 150$ plus shipping and tax. BTW, I don't know how these compare to...
  6. lopchu

What do you think of this video.

"The USB port of the Raspberry Pi sounds metallic" Darko
  7. lopchu

Headphone amp connect to tape out of integreated?

Hi all and sorry, if this has been asked before here: I have an integrated stereo amp (NAD 3020) and currently use headphone out of it. But an Atom is on it's way and I wondered how to best connect it. "Use the tape out of the integrated." This seems to me to be the standard answer. And it...
  8. lopchu

Review and Measurements of vintage Yamaha AX-396 integrated amplifier

Dusted off (slightly!) my old AX-396. Would be interesting to know how much better (or if better at all) a e.g. JDS Atom sounds. Source is a RPI3 with Moode Audio.
  9. lopchu

Thanks for these measurements! 230mW sounds nice indeed. But 600 Ohm output impedance is way to high, isn't it? I mean my Sennheiser HD 650 have 300 Ohm. That's quite a mismatch and wouldn't almost all headphones be above a value calculated by the 1/8th rule? Anyway, nobody would buy the amp...
  10. lopchu

Nice review, thanks a lot! I have the same unit at home. It was replaced by a NAD 3020 but still serves as a backup and a living room amp. Just out of curiosity, would you know the headphone out impedance and the power at 300 Ohm? (if not, no worries!)
  11. lopchu

A Raspberry Pi as a music server

I am planning on upgrading my audio output of the raspberry 3 (currently an old Behringer UCA 222). Has anybody any more insights on this (or am I completely missing something?). I read that the I2S has some advantages over the USB (e.g. by Volumio and Darko). But then you see all the not so...
  12. lopchu

Pi3+D70+Atom+HD650

Oh, nice. Thanks for the hint. Was looking at the HifiBerry DAC already and I am pleased to see it measured well.
  13. lopchu

Pi3+D70+Atom+HD650

Nice, thanks for sharing! I currently have Pi3B with Volumio installed as streamer and a 128GB micro sd card with flac files USB to Behringer UCA222 RCA to NAD3020 (stereo amp) 6.5mm to HD650 I am planning to exchange the NAD3020 with a proper headphone amp like the Atom. And I have read...
Top Bottom