Recent content by Longview

1. L

Do I Need a Better Preamp or Source Selector?

Thank you so much for your reply. My preamp is the Adcom GTP-500 II and it does have a remote, but I think I had read where the Adcom preamps weren't as good as the amps. We never got decent radio reception on this tuner and frankly, I never think to even listen to the radio anymore. I don't...
  2. L

Thank you. It does make me feel better to hear positive things.
  3. L

Thank you for your reply. I think I need to read up on the performance differences between the Node and the Echo Link. I have no trouble using the Echo Link so it's a matter of trying to find out if the Node would give me better sound. Maybe I'm watching too many Youtube videos and find myself...
  4. L

Thank you for your reply. I'm happy to hear positive things about Adcom gear and that it may serve me well for some time.
  5. L

Thank you for your suggestion. I'll need to read up on parametric equalization as I'm not at all familiar with PEQ.
  6. L

Thank you for your reply. I will check the loudness. That may be the cause of the difference I perceived.
  7. L

Thank you for your replies and suggestions. I greatly appreciate it. Yes, it was a typo. I do have the chain connected as you stated: Streamer => Coax cable => DAC => RCA cables => Preamp. I had set streaming quality for Spotify and Amazon Music to the highest quality for both services. I...
  8. L

I'm a new member of this forum, but I've been reading the posts here for a while. However, I haven't been able to find the right guidance, or perhaps I don't know where to look for what I might need. First, a little background about me. I am an older woman whose husband passed away several...
Top Bottom