Recent content by Logan Nolag

1. L

Amp broke

I saw a similar post over on audioaficionado. I don’t know if this OP is the same person but that amp clearly broke because the OP was using a GIGANTIC aftermarket power cord which most likely acted as a lever. I have owned many McIntosh components over the years. My oldest McIntosh component...
  2. L

McIntosh MHA200

If it's anything like the MC275 you can turn the lights off with a McIntosh Preamp. McIntosh uses stereo 1/8 cables for power control and one of the channels controls the lights and the other controls the system power. If you look at page 4 of the owners manual you can see the pinout. It doesn't...
  3. L

Cheapest Full Range 20hz - 20khz Speakers?

Yeah. I love the Special 40s but they are way too similar to my Focus 160s to justify upgrading. I think I would have to go up to a Contour 20i to see any real improvement.
  4. L

Yeah I get that. That's the reason I currently own a Dynaudio BM14SII. It's a pro audio sub which is pretty much identical to their previous top of the line audiophile/home theater sub the Sub 600 except much cheaper and with XLR inputs instead of RCA and it has a much cheaper black vinyl cabinet.
  5. L

Right I forgot about that. I was talking about their best home audio sub the Sub 6.
  6. L

No. No one suggested it. It's mostly just curiosity. Right now my main system is a pair of Dynaudio Focus 160s and a Dyanaudio BM14SII sub which easily goes down to 18hz so I already have a full range system. The reason I was thinking about this is because I was looking at Dynaudio's most...
  7. L

Still pretty expensive. Also I already have amps so passive is better.
  8. L

Does anyone know what the cheapest pair of full audible range 20hz - 20khz speakers there are? It seems like every pair of speakers I can find that can play the full 20hz - 20khz range cost tens of thousands of dollars. I would really like to get a pair of full range speakers that can play full...
  9. L

[bug] HDMI 2.1 chip (Panasonic Solutions)

I tried to register my NR1711 but only the Gold/Silver version was listed and I have a black one so I wasn't able to register mine either.
  10. L

Seriously part of the reason for getting a receiver is to simplify my setup not complicate it with dongles or other jerry rigged solutions. The only acceptable fix is to replace the defective board/chip or the entire receiver anything less would be really lame.
  11. L

They couldn't test it since up until the RTX 30 series cards there were no HDMI 2.1 sources.
  12. L

I just tried to register my NR-1711 but the black option is missing from the product list. Only the silver-gold model is listed. I guess I can't register.
  13. L

All the articles are saying it sounds like it's a hardware error that can't be fixed with a firmware update.
  14. L

RME ADI-2 Pro FS R BE vs Benchmark DAC3 HGC

I figured as much. I only found one other older reference to the issue aside from the new thread on the official forums. Seeing how popular the various ADI-2s are and how anal audiophiles can be if it was a widespread issue I suspect it would have already been mentioned. I wonder if it has...
Top Bottom