Recent content by lofiguy

1. L

speaker placement for computer workstation

They are angled. You just made me realize they form a reflector array of sorts. :( That definitely won't work for me. Even vertical orientation of a single monitor generates neck craning for me which I don't like. I guess I'll have to consider the angled down mounting.
  2. L

speaker placement for computer workstation

I have a normal 5' desk where I work. I have 3 monitors across. I face the wall currently. I can turn the desk to face into the room, and use stand mounted speakers (KEF LS50 meta). Obviously all listening setups you see involve being seated and having full view of the speakers and a rack or...
  3. L

2.1 preamp

yep looks like exactly what I'm after. what great timing.
  4. L

RME ADI-2 FS Version 2 DAC and Headphone Amp Review

I ordered on Oct 24, and hadn't seen this thread yet at that time. Mine was sold by Amazon.com Services LLC, which is different than Amazon. Google is not telling me the difference but for sure it is a different fulfillment channel, not interchangeable with "amazon.com". I never buy from third...
  5. L

KEF LS50 Meta Review (Speaker)

Yep those look great, and not an insane price like the S2. The speaker itself doesn't have a CoG (Center of Gravity) centered through the dimensional Z axis center. I believe it's more towards the rear. I have mine at the office just now so I can't verify. So you'd want to have all of the...
  6. L

KEF LS50 Meta Review (Speaker)

If you have to buy a stand why not buy the KEF? It has the proper holes to bolt the stand to the speaker. This drawing is from the S2 stand manual. I'm using Dynaudio stands which are 6"x8" and have just about perfect coverage of the speaker bottom face. The S2 manual also has great drawings to...
  7. L

Mac mini running Dirac

The Dirac downloads page says there is both plugin and standalone versions. So all you need to do is use an audio router like Loopback or Blackhole. Point the audio app (or system) output to that virtual input. Then on the Dirac standalone take its input from the virtual output. Route the Dirac...
  8. L

Integrated stereo amplifier with bass-management?

https://www.shure.com/en-US/products/accessories/a15hp lots of other vendors as well, i'm sure -- although i haven't shopped
  9. L

EQ Software for Windows, Linux, macOS, iOS/iPadOS and Android.

Casual audiophile? Cheap audiophile I can get behind. On sale now for $135!
  10. L

EQ Software for Windows, Linux, macOS, iOS/iPadOS and Android.

I don't understand why Audiohijack [sic; it's actually Audio Hijack] is described as "not bit perfect"? All equalizers are by definition not bit perfect ... Also, all hosting software that works for routing on the Mac is not bit perfect, AFAIK. Or rather, it's not up to them. The source app...
  11. L

What Does DSEE HX AI / DSEE Ultimate / DSEE Extreme Do?

Your graphs are pretty hard to read because the scales are different. However, subjectively, before even knowing what DSEE HX was (I thought it was DSD resampling; but that's a different thing entirely) I came to the same conclusion. On lossless files I couldn't tell. On lossy files (most of my...
  12. L

Introducing Hang Loose Convolver from Accurate Sound

On Mac Catalina. I played with HQPlayer, can't get it to route audio at all. Plus a few other bugs -- without having gotten a single audio signal out of it at all. I played with HLC and it worked immediately! Just audio routing, not filters yet (free version just to test), but it looks great...
Top Bottom