Recent content by lizhuoyin

1. L

Motu M4 Audio Interface Review

In Windows 10, I got the same message and resolved it by turning off and on the device while the updater is running. I have a v2 though.
  2. L

Motu M4 Audio Interface Review

No, I didn't see it before. Just updated to 2.0.1. So far so good.
  3. L

Do all DAC's have technical issues

It's the intrinsic issue with online shopping and information overload. Audition a DAC with above average perfo in store or with easy return policy. In Windows 10 latest, Amazon music hd cannot run in exclusive mode with my M4. Exclusive mode works in foobar 2000. I would consider it a DAC issue.
  4. L

Motu M4 - Tear down, bit of internals analysis and few in-house measurements

The one I bought 2 months ago is the new revision. I have no issue with ryzen threadripper (old version) on the latest Win10 Pro desktop.
  5. L

Gustard X16 Balanced MQA DAC Review

I am using this smart outlet controlled by app thru wifi. I need to control DAC, power amp etc. The order is to turn on DAC first and amp next. And turn them off in reversed order. I can now hear little thump from speakers now. Not too loud.
  6. L

Longevity is always an issue for less established brands. That's why I use a smart outlets to turn on/off devices.
  7. L

Topping BC3 Review (Bluetooth Receiver) & BT CODECs

I am satisfied with lossless CD quality @ 16bit/44.1kHz. HiRes is a marketing lie to me for listening.
  8. L

Topping BC3 Review (Bluetooth Receiver) & BT CODECs

It's claimed in ldac wiki that it's lossless with 16bit/44.1kHz/990kbps settings for CD.
  9. L

Ending the Windows Audio Quality Debate

I think Windows audio driver is used along with Equalizer APO. I did a performance comparison between JAVA and ASIO driver in REW for my MOTU M4: You can see the ASIO has better THD+N than JAVA driver. Specifically, ASIO has lower noise.
  10. L

What puzzles me is that if I adjust the signal output to match the -12.4 dBFS, the THD+N is worse than yours. I was using a multimeter capable of measuring Vrms at 1KHz. I don't know how you measured your RCA output Vrms and if 2.5Vrms is accurate.
  11. L

My M4 loopback: Line out 3 to Line in 3, TRS balanced. 2.5Vrms.
  12. L

Is TRS balanced? Also what's your output signal? -10dBFS?
  13. L

strange SMSL M500 high 3rd harmonic

What is a digital amp? Amp coverts rca analog input to digital, apply dsp then speaker or headphone out?
  14. L

How about playing thru phones or PCs?
  15. L

Power vs THD sweet spot

For me, low volume listening is for background. Headphone is totally different experience. For critical music listening, I prefer speakers with adequate volume. I don't think my ears or mind are sharp enough to tell difference. Just make sure no background noise (ears next to speakers) and no...
Top Bottom