Recent content by Livewire

1. L

Functional need: preamp, streamer, DAC, Room correction/bass management 2.2 system.

MiniDSP Flex with a Wiim streamer would check all the boxes.
  2. L

Budget AMP for Focal Aria 948

I have this setup and am very happy.
  3. L

Amplifier for Wharfedale Linton, budget $ 1,300

You don't necessarily need HDMI to connect your TV to a Flex. Most TVs have an optical output. The analog balanced version of the Flex has two digital inputs. One can be used for your TV and the other for a streamer. That's the configuration I've been using and it's been great. You also get an...
  4. L

Amplifier for Wharfedale Linton, budget $ 1,300

I'm powering the KLH Model 5 (fairly similar speaker) with a NC252MP amp from Buckeye and a miniDSP Flex, with great success.
  5. L

NAD M23 Stereo Amplifier Review

You can see here how they are touching the heatsink and bulging ^
  6. L

NAD M23 Stereo Amplifier Review

I've become a little disillusioned with NAD/Lenbrook. My Bluesound node recently died because a couple caps in the PS were touching the heatsink. It cost me $5 to fix. They quoted $350. The unit has a soft rubber coating that has turned into a sticky mess. Lenbrook assumes zero responsibility...
  7. L

Amplifier for KEF R3 Meta

Class D Hypex or Purifi amp, with MiniDSP Flex as pre-amp and to manage the sub?
  8. L

Preamp into two "monoblocks". Am I getting this right?

I'm running my Model 5s with a Buckeye nc252mp stereo amp, with a MiniDSP Flex as the pre. Sounds great to my ears!
  9. L

Buckeye Amps: New US based Hypex multichannel amplifier builder, line-up announcement!

I really wish my MP amp would mute before going into standby mode. The pop is rather disconcerting.
  10. L

Buckeye Amps: New US based Hypex multichannel amplifier builder, line-up announcement!

When my NC252MP amp turns off after ten mins of inactivity (auto-sense) there is always a mild pop.
  11. L

Amplifier with low standby power consumption

I came here to say this. It has an auto-detect option for wake-up and powers down after ten minutes without signal. In standby, I think it consumes around 0.5W. In idle, around 15W.
  12. L

New speakers blew the fuse in my amp... how worried should I be?

Ok, I'm an idiot. I shorted the speaker cables. The speakers are likely fine and I'll be taking the amp in for service. I really appreciate the help. I should have triple checked the cables first.
  13. L

Doodski, you're amazing. I just tested them and one of the transistors has continuity across all combinations. So that one is fried? It's on the side that the bad speaker was connected to when the amp fried.
  14. L

It's possible, but I never touched the back of the amp until I heard the bad speaker. Then I swapped the speaker cables on the back and it was faint on the other channel.
Top Bottom