Recent content by litemotiv

1. litemotiv

Will you stop using Spotify now? Vote

This was not so much a drop in Nov, but rather there was an unexpected peak after Q3 as a result of Spotify's positive earnings report (they made a profit in Q3). In Nov it dropped back to it's regular stable price.
  2. litemotiv

He said the price drop is unrelated to the controversy. You can see the stock price was stable from Dec 1 to Jan 15, after that there is a sharp drop. His conclusion about the lack of a relation is therefore not founded, since it correlates to the events of the last few weeks.
  3. litemotiv

Ok hopefully this is ontopic enough for the thread, Spotify has currently lost around $4bn in market value after the developments of the last few weeks: https://mediatraffic.org/2022/01/29/spotify-loses-4-billion-in-market-value-after-neil-young-controversy/ It will be interesting to see how...
  4. litemotiv

I don't think that's the main issue though. Spotify could make more money from streaming, but until now they haven chosen to reinvest almost everything to continue growing. That's a strategy you see often these days. One area where Spotify was lacking however was in original content, since most...
  5. litemotiv

Not intended to further pursue the other reasons behind Young and Mitchell leaving Spotify, but this seemed relevant to the rest of the thread as it pertains to the sound quality: https://www.theverge.com/2022/1/28/22906722/neil-young-spotify-sound-quality-amazon-apple-music
  6. litemotiv

Where is the AI audio upscaler?

Yes those charts are based on optical resolution with 20/20 vision, there are indeed people with sharper eyesight such as 15/20, or in rare cases even better: It seems that the best eyesight ever reported in a human was in an Aborigine man with 20/5 vision! To give you an idea of how clear and...
  7. litemotiv

Where is the AI audio upscaler?

I guess it depends on the size of the TV and the viewing distance whether it's really noticeable?
  8. litemotiv

Asian music & artists

Ustad Amjad Ali Khan is one of the primary musicians who popularized the classical Sarod instrument with a wider audience. This performance from 1995 is part of a 17-part series together with percussionist Ustad Zakir Hussain and a number of other highly skilled traditional players.
  9. litemotiv

Asian music & artists

Okay i will try to post a very different things then, in separate posts per your request. :) Here's a Japanese downtempo/nu-jazz artist that i like, Mondo Grosso, with a track named ラビリンス (Labyrinth) from the album 何度でも新しく生まれる (Reborn again and many times).
  10. litemotiv

Asian music & artists

Haha well, it's challenging because Asian music is so broad, a K-Pop band is so different from a rural singer in Afghanistan, or a post-punk band from Japan. It don't really know where to start!
  11. litemotiv

Asian music & artists

Asia is huge, how many of the 100-200+ Asian artists that i listen to would you like to know? ;)
  12. litemotiv

Good Dac / Nice DAC and VU meter

The DAC 200 and HA 200 are expensive yes, i guess you could consider them 'end game' devices. For those who have the cash available they are very nice options, in terms of features, build quality and aesthetics.
Top Bottom