Recent content by linnlingo

1. L

Measurements of RME ADI-2 DAC and Headphone Amp

RME also has a five chapter U-Tube instruction video. Makes it easier than going through the manual.
  2. L

What is a tube Clock???

Positive Feedback issue 102 by Robert Levi has a very positive review of this DAC. Say's it's almost as good as the $8000 EAR DAC. Interesting review. Concludes this is one of the finest DAC's on the market.Easily competes w/the best.
  3. L

What is a tube Clock???

To prove higher quality Primaluna states their DAC weighs 29 lbs compared to most DAC's that weigh less than 10 lbs. My RME is about 2 lbs. Does that mean my DAC sucks??
  4. L

What is a tube Clock???

Next month my local dealer is having his annual Spring show. Primaluna will be there probably w/some of the new EVO series gear. Hopefully this DAC will be one of the items. Like to hear how it compares to my RME ADI2 DAC which my dealer also carries.
  5. L

What is a tube Clock???

As part of the new EVO series Primaluna has released the EVO 100 all tube DAC. Cost is $2999. It weighs around 29 lbs. It's based on a Burr-Brown chipset. It also says they use a tube clock. Never heard of this. Any DAC's out there that also use Tube Clocks. This might be an interesting new DAC...
  6. L

Review and Measurements of RME ADI-2 DAC

My dealer had both the Chord Quest and the RME. We compared both through a Luxman integrated and a pair of Spendor A-6's. No reason to pay about $800 more for the Chord. Plus the feature set on the RME made it a bargain.
  7. L

Thanks for the info. Maybe good for party mode.
  8. L

Anyone using the Loudness feature. I've been using it and seems quite good SQ wise.
  9. L

Review and Measurements of Mytek Brooklyn DAC

Never mentioned it was an updated version. Said it was worthy for home or studio use.
  10. L

Review and Measurements of Mytek Brooklyn DAC

Just saw the latest Sound on Sound Magazine and they gave the Mytek Brooklyn a very positive review. They did mention cost was a bit high and the headphone part was very good but a bit below the RME.
  11. L

If anyone lives in the New England area Audio Video Therapy in Nashua NH carries the RME. He usually has a demo unit that he can hook up. Also they're open to letting you take it home to demo on your home setup.
  12. L

(Which) One DAC to Rule Them All

Another vote for the RME ADI2 DAC. A usable feature set. Well engineered DAC made by a highly respected Pro Audio company. I was going to get a Chord Quest but saved about $800 w/a superior DAC.
  13. L

Femto Seconds VS Pico Seconds.

So this is basically window dressing. What would you consider the major contributors to a superior sounding DAC over a mediocre sounding DAC.
  14. L

Femto Seconds VS Pico Seconds.

The better Jitter clocks are now implementing femto seconds vs pico seconds. Have you found an audible difference in the change. Any graphs to show the difference.
  15. L

RME ADI-2 DAC or the Gustard X-20 Pro

Excellent article thanks for the info. So should I assume that a well built DAC even MQA non compliant will give me equal or better SQ than MQA??
Top Bottom