Recent content by Limopard

1. Limopard

Hifiman Ananda Nano Headphone Review

Seems that the low-cost "hifimen" of the 400 series are their best ones (in a relative way).
  2. Limopard

What headphone(s) do you own ?

New entry: a Beyerdynamic DT 1770. Bought used at a really great price. The velours pads were worn, the pleather ones were new. While the pleather pads aren't bad I bought new velour pads out of curiosity. With the velours pads the sound is better balanced, the pleather pads have a bit more...
  3. Limopard

Poll: Audio Science Review in the World (2024)

Leipzig, Germany
  4. Limopard

Poll: How do you primarily listen to audio at home?

Mostly by headphones since no one in the family shares my passion for music. Exception: vinyl. It sounds good on speakers, but on headphones the noise becomes annoying quite fast.
  5. Limopard

DROP + SENNHEISER PC38X Review (Headphone)

Bought this one, mainly as a headset for home office use. The on-ear Jabra provided by my employer is a bit uncomfortable. However, I'm pleasantly surprised how good this one sounds with music with some eq applied. Now I read Crinacle's review where he praises the tuning but slays the...
  6. Limopard

New to the audio game - Need help w/ Setup dx3 pro+

The M key on the remote switches the gain. There is low (+6) and high (+19; GAIN in the display lights up). Afterwards the volume is still from -99 to 0, but it is louder with the high gain setting. With a HD 600 my listening volume is between -46 and -37, depending on the music's inherent...
  7. Limopard

WiiM Pro Plus Streamer Review

My best buy of the year. This, the DX 3 pro+ and a HD 600 make a minimalist and excellent sounding headphone setup.
  8. Limopard

Poll: Where are you guys from?

Leipzig, Germany
  9. Limopard

Sennheiser HD560S Review (Headphone)

I suppose +4 is sufficient for me. I added a 40 Hz floor - it's from my point of view appropriate to sacrifice some sub bass rumble for lower distortion.
  10. Limopard

Thank you. I noticed the adjustable "bass boost" is pre-configured @ +6 - is this the Harman standard?
  11. Limopard

@amirm Any suggestion for "translating" your EQ profile into just 4 PEQ bands (limit of the Wiim Pro)? Thanks in advance.
  12. Limopard

Denon PMA-600NE Integrated Amplifier Review

It's mostly between 380 and 390 € around here, which seems fair to me.
  13. Limopard

Denon PMA-600NE Integrated Amplifier Review

Fine for me. Nothing to write home about, but the alternatives are scarce.
  14. Limopard

Headphone amplifier 600 ohms

Do I understand correctly that your headphones have an impedance of 600 Ohms (probably Beyerdynamic)? Then a Fiio K5 pro should output sufficient power at high gain.
  15. Limopard

WiiM Pro - Review & Measurements (Streamer)

I still could return it and buy the pro plus instead. It wasn't available last week but is now. It would cost me just 60 EU more, which is kinda tempting.
Top Bottom