Recent content by Lifer

1. L

Denon AVR-X4800H released for Sale

Selecting the same vendor as you and going to Proceed Payment still shows me 2450€... too bad. But thank you for your answer.
  2. L

Denon AVR-X4800H released for Sale

Can you provide more info on that please ? I am looking quite often (almost dily) on Amazon.de for those two specific products and I never see them at this price. Also looking, at idealo.de (price comparator) I never see them at this price. Not saying you are wrong, I want you to be right. Can...
  3. L

Focal Aria floorstander owners?

What will folow is just MY experience and MY opinion, take it as such: I listened and compared the MA Silver 500 7G to Focal Aria 926 and 936 in the same room. For me the elevated treble of the MA was not sibilant or hurting, but definitely didn't sound natural. The Focal Aria treble sounded...
  4. L

(Europe) Master Deals Thread on Audio Product Sales

Hell of a deal I listen to those yesterday compared to the Focal Aria 926, Aria 936 and Monitor Audio Silver 500. I didn't like the MA because of the emphasis on the highs that didn't sound natural to me. But the Linton did really well, especially considering the price. I still prefered the...
  5. L

Revel M106 to Revel M126 Be, just made the switch

A bit out of topic, but could you also share your impression of Revel M106/M126 vs the Focal Aria you seem to also own ? Thank you
  6. L

Focal Aria vs Arendal 1723(S) ?

Yes it is ! And regarding this post, there are now measurement of both 1723S tower and Focal Aria 936 K2 on Audioholics to compare : https://www.audioholics.com/tower-speaker-reviews/focal-aria-k2-936 I guess Focal Aria measure a bit better, but it's not a clear winner. And I am indeed scared...
  7. L

Focal Aria 936 or

Hello, FYI : Just found a new set of measurements on Audioholics for Focal Aria 936 K2. My understanding is that they should be almost identical to the normal Aria 936. I am not sure I am alowed to post the link directly here, but if you just do a search for "Audioholics Focal Aria 936" you...
  8. L

MSO : minidsp vs Arendal 1723 dsp

Thanks! Except if I find a good deal on a SVS then I will go with the Arendals and if not enough I will add a minidsp later.
  9. L

Hi, Thanks for all your answers. The processor would be a Denon X4700 which has two LFE outputs but not independent (of my understanding). Therefore, the minidsp would be only for Subs integration and not for full EQ since this would be taken care by Audissay. Arendal PEQ can indeed set the Q...
  10. L

Hello everyone, I am going to acquire 2 subs and for proper integration I was planning to use MSO. When looking at the integrated DSP features of Arendal sub that can be set with the remot app, I wonder if a minidsp is really mandatory. Arendal 1723 Sub DSP: - LPF frequency and slope - HPF...
  11. L

Thanks all for your answers. Comparing the measurements of soundstagenetwork.com, the Aria 936 seem indeed to have wider dispersion than the MA Silver 500 7G. But I will keep in mind the MA and try to listen to them.
  12. L

Hello VintageFlanker, I am indeed in Paris, France and can find great deals on Focal Arias. I am moving end of the year in Germany though, and i am not so sure how to transport such big towers, but that's another problem... I read several posts saying they prefer Aria 936 vs F206, some saying...
  13. L

I am afraid this won't be enough in term of SPL for a >35m2 living room, listening at 3m and for Home Theater + Music purpose, no ?
  14. L

Thank you for your answer. I would also think that Focal is a safer bet for wide dispersion, and music in general. The only thing that bother me is the fact that the center will not be allign with the tower tweeter then, and the heights would be the Aria 906 which are much bigger & heavier than...
  15. L

Hello All, First of all, thanks to all the members and admins of this community with who I learn a great deal about a topic I am passionate about. I am asking for your help as I plan to upgrade my hifi system since i am moving from an appartment to a house. Here are some informations about me...
Top Bottom