Recent content by Leon

1. L

Software Player volume vs DAC digital volume vs Analog volume

OK Jumbotron. Seems coherent with measurement.
  2. L

Thank you ! Volume MPC-HC strongly improve if you set max volume at 95% : strange but measurements give the demonstration !
  3. L

Hello everybody, To continue this analysis, do you know the volume resolution/performance of -MP-HC (Media Player Home cinema)? -Windows seven 64 bits ? Thanks for your advise/answer
  4. L

When I said that digital volume is a very huge/passionate topic ( see already all advises) :D:D:D If I summarize our discussion: - Prefer audio player ( Foobar/jriver) which manage a resolution of 24 -->64 bits + Floating points - Use DAC volume in second step or analog attenuator - Reason is...
  5. L

Thanks a lot Bennetng ! With the replaygain activated following recommendation , I would like manage the volume from OPPO itself. Is it a good compromise to reduce a little bit the Foobar volume (-6db) and manage the remaining volume control with OPPO to maintain a volume level around 60/70%...
  6. L

Thanks a lot. Your article suggests to use replaygain. Could you confirm the config in the menu playback : replaygain as to set: - source mode: album - processing: apply gain and prevent clipping. how alter file content menu has to be set : target level set to 89db (default) or much more...
  7. L

Thank you for your answer. If I understand, even OPPO 105 ESS SABRE uses a 32 bit volume resolution but without floating point management, it is better to use Foobar with a 24 bits resolution including floating point management, is it right? I assume that I use a resolution of 24bit 96khz for...
  8. L

Dear Bennetgn, Your advise will be appreciated on the following point: - Do you think is better to use the volume on foobar player or on the DAC? Thank you
  9. L

dear Bennetng, To avoid misunderstanding, I confirm that your article in Archimago is one of the most clear and factual post related to digital volume that I read on others forum. Your work is very great and interesting. Thank you very much for this. I would like to see simple comparison...
  10. L

thanks for yours answers. I know the last archimago article. Nevertheless, I would like to see measurement with different type of configuration. For example Jriver uses a 64 bits resolution for the volume vs 32 bits for Foobar. An other point, OPPO105/205 use ESS sabre 32 bits volume, etc...
  11. L

Dear all and Armirm, Several topics on audio forum explain/confirm/put the question about the best method to manage the volume in our audio system when we use software player + DAC +Preamp and/or Amp. I am a little lost and would like if it is possible for you that you write an article with...
  12. L

Review and Measurements of Okto DAC8 8Ch DAC & Amp

OK Amirm If you have the possibility to test the Sabre 32 bits volume control with another DAC ( ie : oppo 205) it will be very appreciated. Thank you and congratulation again for yours tests on DAC with always a high level of exhaustive/quality measurements !
  13. L

Yes, I think so but measurement could definitively close questions/feeling/advice: objective results is better than subjective ;-)
  14. L

Dear Amirm Several questions are related to the quality of the digital volume managed by the SABRE 32 bits. Is it possible that you do a SINAD measurement with a 25db less vs 100% volume in order to compare the result? A better approach will be to detect the volume decrease value when the...
Top Bottom