Recent content by Lenny

1. Lenny

Odd electronics

Hi: Not sure if thus will be if any interest, and it’s probably a well known issue to most here, but anyway...,, The other night while I was removing a vinyl from my turntable I thought I noticed a slight hum. I pushed up the volume to max and yes there was a hum present. I checked various...
  2. Lenny

CD vs DVD playet

Thanks for all your replies.
  3. Lenny

CD vs DVD playet

Hi; I would think this has been asked before, none the less; would a basic CD player, one manufactured as a stereo component provide a better sound than a DVD player, designed to play DVDs as a video medium? I have a number of discs I burned and or purchased primarily for use in my car...
  4. Lenny

Turntables?

Hi: About six months ago I purchased an Audio Technica 120xusb. It fit in my budget and improved overall sound quality of my system. It came with an ATvm95e cartridge. It has a very nice well rounded sound. But always looking to improve or to explore, I purchased the Ortofon EM Pro S...
  5. Lenny

Turntables?

Hi: About six months ago I purchased an Audio Technica 120xusb. It fit in my budget and improved overall sound quality of my system. It came with an ATvm95e cartridge. It has a very nice well rounded sound. But always looking to improve or to explore, I purchased the Ortofon EM Pro S...
  6. Lenny

Distortion in one loudspeaker only.

Hi I have had that happen to me a few times. The last time I heard distortion in one channel, I discovered the cause was in the source, with a particular song. I found out that there were others who had that recording experienced similar problems. Another time, a number of years ago I...
Top Bottom