Recent content by Leiker535

1. Leiker535

A dillema

Good enough is the name of the game in the majority of usecases when regarding modern amplification. Most of the good habits we have are either theorical or go back to old days when distortion was rampart with most devices. The tip you've received is true, often times the less attenuation or max...
  2. Leiker535

Schiit Modi+ DAC Review

I'd say so yes. I'm very biased towards chinese products as I live in Brazil and importing stuff from the US is a pain while Aliexpress/hifigo is a godsend. Had I lived there though, I would certainly prefer their products over most chinese offerings because of the higher reliability of internal...
  3. Leiker535

Schiit Modi+ DAC Review

In this case it isn't about the cost. Schiit doesn't support/agrees with the format, just like MQA.
  4. Leiker535

Need help finding a good pair of headphones and dac/amp

For the HD560s you don't need crazy amounts of power unless you are trying to add in a ton of bass with EQ. Any dongle that can output 2V will drive them to pretty high levels: The iBasso Dc03 (and their siblings) for instance, offer the sufficient amount of power, is pretty transparent and...
  5. Leiker535

TRUTHEAR conversation to TWS!

Either the UTWS5 or UTWS3. Take a look at their own comparison chart: Sure, here you go:
  6. Leiker535

TRUTHEAR conversation to TWS!

I would also point you on the FiiO direction. They may not be SOTA level or audibly transparent like their BTR offerings, but my experience with others (KZ and TRN) was a bit disappointing. They do their job, but I personally felt that there was a perceivable loss to cable. KZs former options...
  7. Leiker535

Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface Gen 3 Review

It does that that it is balanced, but with the maximum output of +10 dBu. My question is whether the Scarlett will supply the 4v to the a30 pro, like amirm could get on his dashboard, or whether it'll limit to 2V.
  8. Leiker535

Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface Gen 3 Review

Hello all. I'm considering getting this interface for some different use-case scenarios. Can anyone confirm that the TRS line out is balanced? I intend to connect it to an a30 pro bal in through a trs to xlr cable, would that be possible? I'll be using it for instrument work, but also for...
  9. Leiker535

Topping A30 Pro or L70

The a30 is a SE outputting design only, it has the samer power on all three outputs: they're only there for convenience. The L70, which is basically an a90 with a relay circuit to control volume, does have bal outputs which give the best perfomance. Realistically both should drive all of your...
  10. Leiker535

Topping L30 II Review (Headphone Amp)

Hello, it actually doesn't, the L50 is just an amplifier and AFAIK Topping doesn't implement ADCs. As for the Scarlett, as far as objective perfomance for the mic/ADC section goes, it is already almost as good it as it gets, specially considering the price tag.
  11. Leiker535

Hifiman Sundara Review (headphone)

Try using Crinacle's EQ function in his measurement tool to estimate that. That, a comparison between other 43C measurements, like Oratorys, and your own ears should land you on the sweetspot of EQing. https://crinacle.com/graphs/headphones/graphtool/?share=Harman_AE_OE_2018_Target,Sundara_(2020)
  12. Leiker535

Doubt regarding 4.4 to 3.5mm adapter

So, I follow up to this to those of you that may have found this thread and are with a similar problem (I apologisefor ressurecting the thread nonetheless). Long story short, no you can't use an adaptor like this without shorting the internal circuit, which is a very bad thing to do and may...
  13. Leiker535

TRUTHEAR x Crinacle Zero IEM Review

There is a niche market for custom fitted/molded IEMs, but the brands that offer those are the antithesis of the chi-fi market, so prepare your wallet. In this market, I'd look into the most recognized brands, knowning, as @Jimbob54 said, that fit is a combination of the eartip + the iem itself...
  14. Leiker535

Topping A90 Discrete Review (Headphone Amp & Preamp)

They shouldn't be unless you are unlucky to get a bad A30Pro.
  15. Leiker535

For the last time, cables DO matter!

Friend, you seem to be having a hard time with irony...
Top Bottom