Recent content by leftside

1. L

Measurements and filters for the Abyss AB1266 TC

Here is an interesting article on the measurement of these headphones and filters created. https://audiophilestyle.com/ca/reviews/taking-the-abyss-ab1266-%CF%86-tc-headphones-to-another-level-r1091/ Anyone else purchased these filters? Thoughts?
  2. L

Abyss AB-1266 Phi TC Review (Headphone)

I have a science background, and this site has taught me a lot about measurements of frequency response. It has also taught me that there must be more to listening pleasure than what these scientific measurements are telling us. Outside of Amir, it's hard to find anyone who has listened to the...
  3. L

Abyss AB-1266 Phi TC Review (Headphone)

I recommend to not measure with a gap, but with a light seal. Just touching. Or even better, follow the video posted above to adjust on your own head to find the adjustment and fit that sounds the best for you. Then see if you can find a similar position and fit for the actual test. For those of...
  4. L

What you need to know about the virus in China "2019 Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV)"

You've fallen into the media hysteria trap. Whilst "so many death"/thousands of deaths is truly terrible, it is a very, very low percentage of the overall population of Italy or Spain.
  5. L

What you need to know about the virus in China "2019 Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV)"

If this is true, the US is going to be hit really hard. https://www.worldatlas.com/articles/29-most-obese-countries-in-the-world.html
  6. L

It's slowing down. Certainly not exponential which was a lot of people feared. And remember a LOT more people are getting tested in the US now: https://coronavirus.1point3acres.com/en
  7. L

Coronavirus (COVID-19): Global business, economics, and stock markets updates

Looks like Trump is contemplating opening everything up again in 2 weeks time and letting us take our chance with the virus based on one of his tweets this morning.
  8. L

It's WWIII. I always presumed it would be one human race vs another human race.
  9. L

Same. Occasionally I'll dip into a leveraged fund such as QLD, and with the declines we've seen recently I'd be dipping into it now. But, the economy is grinding to a halt, so I'll avoid for now.
  10. L

The guy wanted to buy mutual funds. ETF's are cheaper. Here's an example: my friend had $100k invested in mutual funds. I found the equivalent ETF's (with exactly the same holdings as his mutual funds). Over 10 years he saved $17000. I understand times are difficult, and you are probably...
  11. L

I don't trade, but do buy ETF's like QQQ. Will be a great time to step into QLD or even TQQQ at some point, but perhaps not yet....
Top Bottom