Recent content by lecter255

1. L

Direct D50s RCA to 3.5mm advisable?

Yea it comes with a remote :) Yea this seems reasonable. Not maxing out any one component, where distortions usually happen. Ok one last thing. I can choose the output rate and bit depth on my Macbook Pro. Should I set it to match the source or just max it out at 32-bit at 768kHz?
  2. L

Ok. I guess one of the benefit of having high impedance headphones and low sensitivity planars is so they are less susceptible to distortion, but of course also means they are harder to drive, but that isn't an issue for me because I don't listen at very loud levels. Concerning lack of bass...
  3. L

Sennheiser HD6xx amp

Hi folks. I have HD6xx and Sundara, driven by Topping D50s using a RCA to 3.5mm short cable. I mainly listen to classical music and I never need to max out the volume. Is there any benefit to be gained at all by adding a JDS Atom to the chain? I also have that lying around...
  4. L

Some context Headphones: HD6xx and Sundara DAC: Topping D50s Amp: JDS Atom Pre-amp: JDS Subjective 3 (Usually in bypass mode) Genre: Mainly Classical Music Goal: outputting at the most accurate quality. Volume not a limiting factor Hi folks, There is a lot of talk about needing an Amp to get...
  5. L

Review and Measurements of the Topping D70 DAC

Thanks for the detailed reply! Yea I think that settles it for me.
  6. L

Under $700 headphones for Pop and EDM

That sounds good. What do you use for EQ?
  7. L

O that's a thought. What's your impression of the SRH1540?
  8. L

Thanks for the input! I really don't mind something different from HD6xx. Having a V shape frequency response seems fun. I'm just looking for the most suitable headphones for Pop and EDM. I'm quite happy with how HD6xx performs for classical music and I don't think I can get a true upgrade along...
  9. L

So I got HD6xx and my wife fell in love with them and want to get into the audiophile game too. I mainly listen to classical music, but, even though she's a trained pianist, she listens to mostly Pop or EDM, so I'm looking for something a bit different from HD6xx. Currently I'm looking at...
  10. L

btw nice supercharged S2k :) I have a red 07.
  11. L

I just saw that! Very tempted, but just last night I thought I was going to get the D50s. Can someone please enlighten me on what I'm paying $150 extra for if I get the D70 VS the D50s? I know there is balanced output and while that's nice I can't take advantage of it for now because my setup...
Top Bottom