Recent content by leafygreen

1. L

HIDIZS S8 USB-C Headphone Adapter Review

Maybe I got lucky but mine is fine. The cable seems fine and the connections are perfect after several months of everyday use.
  2. L

No I wasn't thinking of synergy or anything like that. Just that Amirm said in his original review at page 1 that the DAC sounded better on his Hifiman headphones and in his words "plenty of volume with very clean, detailed and high fidelity sound". So while I'm ok without high volumes, I was...
  3. L

great - thanks! Would you have any views about sound quality? Like, would this DAC be reasonably compatible?
  4. L

Wondering if anyone could could help me understand if the Tempotec Sonata HD Pro/Hidizs S8 would be compatible with Drop Senheiser HD6XX headphones, which I'm thinking of buying?? I.e. without an amp . i think the OP suggests that listening on the Hifiman 400s was his preference. But from what I...
  5. L

WTB - EU: Hidizs S8 or Tempotec Sonata HD Pro

I bought the tempotec on aliexpress last month. it was delivered to the uk in about two weeks I think.. sounds great :-)
  6. L

thoughts on Hidizs S8 vs SMSL Sanskrit 10th mkii

Thanks for your reply. In the end I got a tempotec sonata hd pro for about $25 (after coupons etc). Seems it's identical to the hidizs s8 so i figured it would be a very cheap way to experiment. The sound is much clearer than the apple dongle so I'm pretty happy for now. I'll probably delve into...
  7. L

thoughts on Hidizs S8 vs SMSL Sanskrit 10th mkii

Spending more time in my living room these days, I decided I wanted to delve further into music and subscribed to Tidal. I was about to buy a dragonfly dac on recommendation from a family member. I thought I would read up a little first to see if I could find any cheaper options and then I...
Top Bottom