Recent content by lc155

1. L

Focal Aria 906 Speaker Review

I see there is a K2 version of these speakers. Any significant differences beyond a different cone colour?
  2. L

Topping L30 II Review (Headphone Amp)

The post just made no sense to me because the last line in his paragraph talks about how he 'respected' JDS (implies he no longer does), then doesn't mention any specifics about the company. 'the said' company implies he spoke about them already and the only company he mentioned was JDS...
  3. L

The what company? Is this throwing shade at JDS?
  4. L

Sennheiser HD660S Review (Headphone)

How long were you using those 595s for? Were they even intact by that point or held together by tape?
  5. L

Topping E30 II DAC Review

Lol the replies so far have shown Topping's cred has really taken a hit, huh.
  6. L

Topping E30 II DAC Review

So basically Topping measures well but has QC issues? Are they the Hifiman of sources?
  7. L

Main difference between v1 and v2? Other than the v1's known infamous issues.
  8. L

Kef LS50 meta (+ sub + Benchmark AHB2) or Genelec 8331a (+ sub)

Well, that isn't looking hopeful for turning it down with GLM either. When I had my 8030c, the -6dB switch did nothing for me either in terms of hissing.
  9. L

Have you never noticed an increase in hiss when turning the volume all the way up on an amp due to noise from amplifier gain? That is what I am talking about. You can gain-stage passive speaker amps fairly easily. To be quite honest, I'd be baffled if you claim you've never experienced this.
  10. L

Well, no, because the amps you use with passive speakers are never used at full capacity. That's the difference. You will likely hear a hiss on many passive speaker amps if you turn them way up, but since you never need to go anywhere near that for nearfield as they're usually used at a fraction...
  11. L

KEF Reference and Blade Meta announced, but where is the R Meta?????

That sounds like you have hyperacusis, which is a sensitivity to loud/certain sounds. Can happen from damage or other conditions (like TMD). It can be mitigated with treatment, which basically involves regular exposure to the sounds that trigger it and adapting yourself to them again.
  12. L

Which isn't really possible as there's no way to try it out locally without having to drop the money on a set, so :)
  13. L

Loads of people would say there was 0 hiss with the 8030C too, but I can hear it anyway. Don't tend to trust anecdotes with those now, as they're obviously very personal. It's why I just want to know if the hiss decreases when turning it down in GLM, nothing more.
  14. L

KEF LS50 Meta Review (Speaker)

Fair enough. When I had the R300 I found the bass a little overpowering, but that was in a smaller UK home, they'd probably do much better in a larger room!
  15. L

Maybe not to you, but we're all different. As long as the hiss decreases as you go that low down from 0dB, then it would be worth a try in the future for me. If it stays the same, I'm going to remain very wary of them. That's why I'd like a precise answer on this issue.
Top Bottom