Recent content by Lbstyling

1. L

PURIFI finally did a fully purified passive speaker design! The SPK 16 prototype is here - with a PTT tweeter

I heard the same system at the same show. Sound was truly excellent. I was surprised how much better this was than almost anything at the show. The demo of the room EQ was very good. What surprised me was the only thing that sounded as good (in fact it was marginally better IMO) was the much...
  2. L

Denon x4800h vs marantz cinema 40

Initial thoughts on this is you should keep reading.
  3. L

Denon AVR-X4800H AVR Review

Audessey (non MEQX) has a 30hz high pass filter that requires wither MEQX or post amp EQ to defeat. Can anyone confirm if DIRAC has a undefeatable high pass filter?
  4. L

Amir's review suggests it no? Itwouldnt make any audible difference though.
  5. L

7Hz x Crinacle Zero:2 IEM Review

Got my salnote zero2's a couple of days ago. Not a patch on the truthear REDs to my ears. Highly detailed. I can genuinely hear lots of things I can't on the REDs but they are just not 'right' for some reason. I have tried several EQ profiles using wavelet, which improve them, however, the...
  6. L

1) I had the 4700 with MEQX. I spent far more time on setups and measurements than is rational. I would guess I have ran 40 full calibrations and many targets. There were several speaker/amp/sub improvements over that time. First run with the 4800 just on the App gave much better results than I...
  7. L

New Kali Audio monitor

The SM-5's are showing as in stock in my country (UK) they are also about 25% less than RRP! 117db is WAY more than the equivalent Genelec. I cannot see this being at 1m for 1 speaker. Looking at the data available: -Faraday rings on bass driver - Geometrically optimised aluminium dome (fixes...
  8. L

Alternative to the Meizu HiFi Pro

I just bought the jcally JM40. No idea if this was a good idea on the Sinad or power front, but I was getting fed up with going around in circles. Should I cancel the order?
  9. L

Alternative to the Meizu HiFi Pro

Are there any independent measurements of these? Am also looking at the Abigail pro, but have the same issue. Replacing a sonata HDii, but cannot get another as it is never in stock. It seams no equivalent in size, power, SQ and price exists.
  10. L

KEF ls50 META wall mounts

Current system is 7.4.4. (all KEF) I would like to replace my KEF3005SE currently used for surround left and right. Ideally, the new speakers would be able to angle to my listening position, however, this means angleing the speaker on 2 axis by about 30 degrees. I have found reference that...
  11. L

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/marantz-sr8015-review-home-theater-avr.24005/ Was looking at the 8015. I assume this is the model up from the 4000 series Denon then? Confusing now they have moved to the 'cinema 40' series. Not aware we have the output voltages...
  12. L

Do we know the pre out peak voltage for this amp?
  13. L

Chooing between Denon 4800 vs marantz cinema 40. I'm aware there 2 are more similar than different. Using external amplifiers (via the preouts on the back), am I correct saying the marantz is capable of higher output before clipping? Would this include the sub outs? ASR forums shows that some...
  14. L

Auro 3D or Sony 360 spatial mapping for immersion in first home theater?

Hi Tech. I have owned, operated and built hundreds of audio systems over the years. 2 channel up to 7.4.8. Used MBL, JBL M2 and many other DIY 'ultimate speaker' attempts. If I had to enter a competition for a DBX test for sound quality, I would use Auro3D. It's the most misunderstood audio...
Top Bottom