Recent content by lathargicakris

1. L

Genelec 8331a vs KEF R3

I've pretty much set to go with a pair of Genelec 8330a's, the Kef are desirable but really are far too much for my main listening room as someone who loves tweaking things the passive route would be a good way to go - when I have a larger listening space regularly avaliable. I just couldn't...
  2. L

Genelec 8331a vs KEF R3

Would you say then, that 8331a's are not worth their price tag?
  3. L

Genelec 8331a vs KEF R3

I spotted a setup with the Marantz PM7005, it sounded plenty loud for a living room setup and looked stunning and came in around the same cost, It certainly makes for a good argument to just go for the bigger speaker, and pair it with dirac. I heard the NCore 502 provided very coloured sound...
  4. L

Genelec 8331a vs KEF R3

I’ve heard similar technical specs that the 8341 stands in the 8351b’s “shadow” as it were, thanks for technical spec insight for the one’s family. What model do you own, you say that the sound can for some people be boring? Would you describe the sound as clinical? A few comments I’ve spotted...
  5. L

Genelec 8331a vs KEF R3

Genelec are starting to sound like the better option although, I'm hoping someone in here can argue a case for the passive KEF as well. It's my nagging need to feel like I've explored/listened to both upgrade routes before making my decision. the R3 appeals to me because of it's multi use facits...
  6. L

Genelec 8331a vs KEF R3

Cheer's, honestly if I could push my budget it wouldn't have been a contest, I would have settled with the 8341, have you heard the 8331? I'm told the sound is pretty much the same, bar SPL and Dynamics? I would pair any of these choices, svs 1000 or a rel. Glad you like the sound of my...
  7. L

Genelec 8331a vs KEF R3

Fairly new on here, so apologies for any incorrect thread posting locations or layout. I have a decison to make with my future audio setup. I have a pair of KRK Rokit 5 G4's sat on a desk with a pair of Kanto SP6HD stands, and I was looking to upgrade my sound and style in a mostly symmetrical...
Top Bottom