Recent content by Laserjock

1. Laserjock

Revisited: Neumi BS5P Powered Bookshelf Speaker

I used my wife’s Fujitsu laptop running Windows 8.1 What a miserable experience! I spent way too much time trying to find the “Start” position to get to the media update app and then after so many attempts decided to try another “cheap charging microUSB” cord and it did the update right away...
  2. Laserjock

Denon AVR-X3700H AVR Review

Not sure if you got your issue solved but looking at the zip code on this, I see you’re in the Austin area? AB TV shows the 3700 in their current ad. Not sure if it’s in stock but worth a check if you still need to replace your current one.
  3. Laserjock

Spirits, what you drinking...

Just finished a bottle of the Elijah Craig recently. Liked it Working on a bottle of Mitcher’s Small Batch currently.
  4. Laserjock

Spirits, what you drinking...

can you tell I like Weller or maybe it’s just the “wheated” ?
  5. Laserjock

Revel F208 Tower Speaker Review

I like the walnut (thought the Salon2 were going to get the walnut option) but just to be different have white F206 side surrounds.. Looking for 2 gloss black or gloss white side tables that can hold the side surrounds.
  6. Laserjock

Did You Actually Buy a New Disc Recently?

BluRay disc Delicate Sound of Thunder remaster
  7. Laserjock

How big is your space? Sub/subs or no?
  8. Laserjock

What were the original scores?
  9. Laserjock

Revel F328Be Speaker Review

Probably why it costs a premium. Would have to know where it’s mined, the safety around that and the production involving the workers at each stage. Beryllium tweeters, also know as “blood tweeters” ?
  10. Laserjock

Hmmm, maybe that’s what I’ll do and check the passive one too. Would be minimal cost
  11. Laserjock

@hardisj Since I’ll be opening mine up to do the firmware upgrade eventually, is there anything else that might improve the speaker while I’m in there? More damping material or better version etc? Sealant of anything? I haven’t looked yet but is the passive left speaker accessible from the...
  12. Laserjock

Last $600 in your checking account which speaker do you get?

They should be sealed speakers. Oh wait, it’s not on a deserted island? Anyway, what about the new Wharfedale Diamond 12 series? 12.2 is $499 ? Would love to see them measured. Otherwise I’ve only heard the Elac DBR62s and would pick them.
  13. Laserjock

The Truth Pre Amp Review

Thanks for this. Makes a little more sense now but reminds me of the resurgence of “vinyl” without the nostalgia.. Adding Cadmium to the mix makes it an even more compromising design choice.
  14. Laserjock

The Truth Pre Amp Review

I was wondering about the photocell comment thinking that was a mistake. Further reading and seeing the description made me understand the concept but it definitely looks like a one and done project for seeing if something like this would work. This isn’t a design used anywhere else in the...
Top Bottom