Recent content by Lammie

1. L

Passive Amplifier Question — Phono Passive to Linn Klout

I've seen some sorts of things like this: Cheapo A-to-D Surely these aren't great quality? I've had a sniff around the ASR for AD converters, but most seem to be heavy duty types you would use for recording from microphones, etc—not for really for converting a line input from a phono stage or...
  2. L

Your Kairn tales sound oh so very familiar. Especially with weird stuff after a power cut. Interesting note on the hiss with Linn, I always thought it was mains noise or interference or something. It was quite a pleasant surprise when the Topping went in and the hiss left. Coincidentally I was...
  3. L

Hey Wombat, thanks for doing the maths. Appreciate it! I guess that puts a pin in the SYS idea. Ok, so there is a noticeable difference putting the Kairn back into the chain. First off, as AudioSceptic mentioned, I don't have to physically give the Klout a 'reach-around' :p to turn it...
  4. L

Yep, that's an obvious solution! I'm not sure what adding the Kairn back into the chain will do from a sound quality/experience point of view, but yes—that would be the simple fix, however not the purest. I'm quite pleased with the performance of the D50s into the Klout—and the...
  5. L

Yes, correct—thank you for requesting clarification. Passive Amplifier = Attenuator/Volume Control. What I'm getting at is basically an attenuator/switch that I can put between the DAC and the phono stage so I can control the volume of the turntable, while easily switching between the TT and...
  6. L

I have been running a purely analogue amplification setup—a Linn Kairn Pre to Linn Klout Amp (driving a pair of Linn 140s). The amplification combo were hand-me downs and I have thoroughly enjoyed the sound from the setup. The Klout is a beautiful beast. My two sources have been a turntable...
Top Bottom