Recent content by Lalaland

1. Lalaland

Question: Behringer UMC 204, Distortion on main out

I'm not so concerned with ADC, as for my use it's multichannel DAC/active speaker duty. I guess it's not much use as I need something that measures better than my MiniDSP 4x10HD if I was to upgrade. I would prefer to move DSP duties to some software solution at some point
  2. Lalaland

I'm not sure what you will end up using this interface for, but I believe you should be careful with the settings for inputs. Inst(Instrument) setting is as you point out much more sensitive, and is for guitars and keyboards etc. with a very low output signal. A line level input signal will...
  3. Lalaland

I think I worded myself poorly in that last post, as to why my output was only 0.7Vrms. Indeed you are right, max output is just above 1Vrms. I turned down output to get away from clipping the input(Inserts at the back). I just did a test to verify, and I get about the same results you are...
  4. Lalaland

Cheapo HDMI Audio Extractor - some measurements

I'm no expert but I believe it is closer to 80dB SINAD, or 79 in posted measurment. I can't run 0dBFS into my input so I don't know if that would improve or degrade the result. Anyways, I'm pretty sure this device will not be degrade the SQ in your use case so it will probably be fine. In...
  5. Lalaland

You make a good point about intended use, and I guess it would be very particular need that would make this product useful. But since you mentioned manufacturers intended purpose, I thought I could share what they write in the manual (or rather pamphlet): "It is one perfect audio converter for...
  6. Lalaland

Yes, correct. I have been until now been using a laptop with HDMI port to experiment with EqualizerAPO and Rephase. More permanently a small HTPC will take over, possibly with CamillaDSP
  7. Lalaland

So all in all we can conclude it is worth the 40 euro it cost :)
  8. Lalaland

I guess it has some various uses in HT setups, but for me personally it is only a dirt-cheap soundcard/DAC with 8 channels for active crossover duty
  9. Lalaland

Did some more tests. Optical out looped back into minidsp 2x4HD Is this realistic, with that low noise floor? REW settings are Exclusive mode. Monitor says 32 bit in 32 bit out, but output is not over 24 bit for this device. And another RCA out, but multitone. I don't know, it doesn't look too...
  10. Lalaland

All outputs measures the same in my setup. Output voltage is 2Vrms on 0dBFs
  11. Lalaland

Thank you for posting this, your link is much apreciated. I don't think I will be at this level anytime soon, but I will read that entire thread to learn more about this topic.
  12. Lalaland

Looks cleaner to me. What kind of software is your screenshot from? Looks interesting
  13. Lalaland

I have both my Yamaha and a Denon AVR so could probably do some tests to compare, but I would need some pointers on how to set it up for the tests to be valid
  14. Lalaland

Seems to me like HDMI ports are just "pass-trough" or what one would call it, it just lets you tap into the audio channels. I have not tried out the HDMI out as I'm only using it as a multichannel output device from pc based dsp experiments. I did read the data-sheet on the CS4354 DAC, and to me...
  15. Lalaland

REW set for Java drivers - WASAPI exclusive mode. I'm just learning about this feature. It is indeed working as 24-bit, but I'm not sure there is a function to monitor data-flow for output. Only input is shown as actual data used I guess I could try out some measurements of the SPDIF out, but...
Top Bottom