Recent content by Lafayette

1. L

NAD D3045 Review (Integrated Amplifier)

I've had mine since 2019 and I've been happy with it, I paid $650 back then though. I've never had any issue with it
  2. L

Review and Measurements of Topping D10 DAC

I purchased the D10 to use with my PC, and whenever I am gaming, there is a buzz that comes out of my speakers. Happens with any game I'm playing, if I tab out of the game, the noise goes away. Does not happen when I'm listening to music or watching a movie. I don't believe it's a defective...
  3. L

Anyone seen these "Aimpire" Topping Copies/Fakes?

I received the D10 yesterday. That was some fast free shipping using Apos Audio as a vendor. Only used it a few hours but seems to be working great.
  4. L

For all I know the AIMPIRE may perform like the Topping, but when I order any item, no matter how relatively inexpensive, I expect to receive the item that is listed in the description and pictures of the item.
  5. L

I actually ordered from Apos Audio, they price matched Drop's $65 price. There's a few other people who have said they ordered through them so I thought I would give them a try. Ordered yesterday night, they price matched within the hour via credit, and I received a tracking number this...
  6. L

All of them were sold by Amazon, and on the third rebuy they told me to buy from Amazon again. I'm going to try from Apos Audio and see how it goes. They price matched the drop pretty quickly which was nice. I chatted with Amazon customer service each time it happened so they should be aware...
  7. L

Received a third AIMPIRE unit. Maybe this is a sign to give up :facepalm:
  8. L

I have received two of these AIMPIRE "D10" units so far from Amazon. Went on with customer service and they said the next one they ship they will look at the unit itself to make sure it is Topping. Pretty disappointing.
  9. L

Why has Audio (and maybe all hobbies) become so hostile?

Doesn't seem to be just an audio thing, some people take it as a personal attack when you don't view something the way they do, and on the internet it turns into a pile on. I'm sure seeing objective measurements of fairly pricey gear that goes against their expectations of money paid=quality...
  10. L

Does this set up sound like it would work?

Thanks for the information everyone, I worked and had to go out yesterday so I was not able to read anything until this morning. I have Ascend Acoustics Sierra 1's. The Powergate is exhibiting some annoying behavior so I don't know if I'll end up keeping it. It seems to randomly go into...
  11. L

I have not seen anything in the manual to indicate it does.
  12. L

I want to integrate a subwoofer into my current 2.0 set up, while also being able to high pass so my speakers are relieved of lower frequencies. I also want to make sure I can still use the volume controls on the integrated amplifier for my speakers and sub. This is for my PC. I have a sound...
  13. L

Peachtree Decco125 sky hissing

Using Ascend Acoustics Sierra 1's 87dB sensitivity. Would be nice to able to trust the manufacturer specs but that's how it goes I guess. My buddy got an NAD D3045, maybe I can convince him to let me borrow it.
  14. L

Peachtree Decco125 sky hissing

Recently purchased one of these as I got a deal for a new one at a much lower price than is listed online. I use my speakers in near field and I noticed a hissing sound coming from the speakers. I can't say that it is so loud that its noticeable when I'm playing anything, but I was not...
  15. L

Master "deals" (massdrop, ebay, Amazon, etc.) Thread on Audio Product Sales

ELAC EA SERIES AMPLIFIER Element Integrated Amp https://www.frys.com/product/9165488 $299.99 on clearance It packs a lot of features, although the few reviews I've seen are mixed. But it's priced much lower than other sites.
Top Bottom