Recent content by Labjr

1. L

Topping D50 III Balanced DAC with EQ Review

I kind of like the ESS sound. If it has a sound.
  2. L

Their website says "...precision machining from solid aluminum bricks..." I'd be surprised if that's true.
  3. L

Not that I would expect a billet case in a $200 product but using the term in their marketing is a deliberate stretch. 3D printing is technically CNC.
  4. L

IMO, these companies use the term "CNC" to describe castings. Generally CNC is used to decribe something that's machined from billet.
  5. L

It's only the beginning. I'd like to see much more from them too. Maybe a stereo 4-way crossover in one box.
  6. L

Maybe time to start ripping your CD collection. Or playback on a computer with a CDROM drive. IMO a media player like JRiver is so convenient and flexible.
  7. L

Plastic PC mount TRS jacks can't handle much stress before breaking or solder connections fail.
  8. L

I don't really care how small the package is. I'd rather have XLR jacks and a display that's larger than a postage stamp.
  9. L

Very nice review. I'm glad for the PEQ. I hope this is just the beginning of built-in DSP.
  10. L

Proposal: Right to Fair Review (RFR) Association

I hope you and Erin will stand your ground. IMO, ASR is the best audio review source that exists. I read this comment on that RV video. It's not my comment: "I am a retired attorney. Among other issues, I defended hundreds of defamation claims during my 35 years of litigation practice. The...
  11. L

Proposal: Right to Fair Review (RFR) Association

About thirty years ago, I had a long telephone conversation with Ted Denney of Synergisic Research. He's a master BS artist. It was like listening to a cult leader. He talked about space particles, the planets and pixie dust. I swear he was making it up as he spoke. Back in the day there was no...
  12. L

Topping DX3 Pro+ Review (DAC & Headphone Amp)

Seems like everything needs pre-emphasis. CD wasn't perfect. I'll take hi-res.
  13. L

Topping DX3 Pro+ Review (DAC & Headphone Amp)

From what I've read, it was used on early CDs. Although, I'm not sure which ones or if a list of pre-emphasised CDs exists.
  14. L

Ascend Sierra-1 V2 Speaker Review

That maybe ok when playing by yourself but not when you're playing with a band. I use a strobe tuner with accuracy of ±.02 cents. I challenge anyone to tune that close by ear on a good day.
Top Bottom