Recent content by L5730

1. L5730

Apo EQ--is it possible to have different EQ config files for different outputs?

Looks like it (your post) might be easier for other people who are less tech-savvy (correct term? feels dated *shrug*) to follow. Well, people have multiple forums users to bother if they need some help organising things with EqAPO. All good.
  2. L5730

Clipping distortion (multiple 0 dBFS samples) on commercial releases, why?

I did just stumble upon a video mentioning something interesting. It was a company selling their own plugins to do what hardware would have been used for. Take a project and send it to a DAC, then back in to the DAW via an ADC hard clipping the samples. This approach just seems like the wrong...
  3. L5730

Clipping distortion (multiple 0 dBFS samples) on commercial releases, why?

Hi all, This may or may not have been covered elsewhere but it didn't come up when I searched. Pre-waffle: After getting some IEMs a lot of audio nasties have become extremely apparent. The unforgiving nature of such listening equipment means there is no where for 'garbage' to hide and no...
  4. L5730

BASS!

Lorn's Acid Rain was something that was recommended in a HiFi magazine's list of tracks to listen to for some reason or other. That sledgehammer thud of bass is quite unnerving. Hearing it devices that can further render low-lows just makes it sound even more sinister.
  5. L5730

BASS!

6. L5730

Marshall DSL1C Guitar Amplifier. Questions about emulated line output.

Look at laptops and many other devices. Headphone / Line out dual purpose 3.5mm TRS stereo jack is usually there (sometimes a mono mic input as well on the same connector 3.5mm TRRS). It really isn't uncommon to have dual use line/headphone outputs. They are usually not that great for line out...
  7. L5730

7Hz x Crinacle Zero:2 IEM Review

As a n00b to IEMs, I too noticed an irritating and sharp brightness to the sound on first listening. I saw one of the later posted videos mentioning that fit and seal are responsible for some issues in the 2-4 kHz area. I'd have thought fit and seal was just a bass end, no seal = no bass, but...
  8. L5730

Spot on! I dug our little apparatus that looks much like the one in your posted image. I've a couple of wooden clothes pegs attached for less aggressive/biting grip. The hair dryer set on the high heat setting did the trick, then clicked it to cold-shot to 'set' the thermoplastic tubing. I...
  9. L5730

Hmm, I do like that they curve and the chin toggle, when done too tight it just as annoying. They are better when the cable is ran behind my back. If the IEMs are held vertically, the left cable kind of stays fairly flat whilst the right tends to go in wards a bit more. The connectors were...
  10. L5730

Slightly Off Topic. I'm finding the heat-shink or whatever sleeve on the left IEM is slightly in the wrong place and makes a bit irritating compared to the right which I don't notice at all when I put it on. How is the Tripowin Zonie in this regard? I'd rather not spend almost as much as the...
  11. L5730

BASS!

Amusingly a Liverpool Gym is partnering and has made a special new class and a protein shake to promote the new album single. I think I'll eat tasty food, sit down at a PC and stay fat, thanks As her new album single is due out today 23:00 GMT. It's all mostly low synth driven stuff that...
  12. L5730

MM Turntable into 1Meg Ohm DI, it works-ish!

Oh believe me everyone, I know this is not the correct way to do it (eg. adding 20+ dB of digital gain is raising the noise of the ADC by that same amount too) but from what I have always read was that it's not possible and will sound terrible and the sky will fall in. None of that is true in...
  13. L5730

MM Turntable into 1Meg Ohm DI, it works-ish!

Hi all, I thought it might be useful to post this for anyone else wanting to 'have a go' and not finding any useful information online, or rather lots of "don't do it" messages. I hooked up the old NAD 5120 with Ortofom OMB (?) MM cart to the RME Babyface Pro fs analogue 3/4 inputs. These...
  14. L5730

BASS!

That's one issue with headphones and IEMs etc. They may be able to do a great job into sub-sonic frequencies that we just can't hear - but without the translation to/through our body we can't feel them. Maybe we pick up something through our ears, but it won't be the right experience. I am...
  15. L5730

BASS!

Top Bottom