Recent content by kuf

1. K

Wow! Genelec GRADE looks amazingly useful

Here there is a post with measurements from a setup with 2 X 7350 and GLM https://audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/genelec-glm-software-and-the-7350a-subwoofer.31918/post-1126713
  2. K

I am not talking about daisy chained subs, but for 2 seperate single subs, either in stereo or mono configuration
  3. K

you could use 2 x 7350 but they are considered to be small for the 8350. I suppose that in specific scenarios 2 X 7350 maybe would be better than 1 x 7360 (I am talking in general, not specifically for the 8350)
  4. K

I wait for a 7360 to come, and I will consider a another one. So at the moment I'm looking mainly for a placement with as little problems as possible in the 3rd and to a lesser extend the 4th octaves.
  5. K

@Zaireeka did you try to make changes in speaker's position? I have also a (new) pair of 8350 and I found that moving speakers as little as 0.5 m can make enormous change in the frequency response graphs. I don't know if there is any other way to fix these deep and wide dips that are caused...
  6. K

PRESONUS AudioBox Go

I have the Presonus Audiobox One connected to a Genelec 7040 sub and 2 Genelec 8020 monitors. It worked out of the box with Windows 10 and Linux and there is no hum or any other noise from the speakers.
  7. K

Genelec setups in living rooms [how to]

yes it is, but for me with 2 channels only the main reason was the GLM as I wanted the easiest solution for room correction and sub integration
  8. K

Waiting for a pair of 8350 and the GLM kit (and for a pair of 7360 subs in a few months later), I just received the stands. So no photo of my messy living room, but maybe a good idea for stands. I almost ordered the Genelec stands and plates when I realized that the stands are too tall for...
  9. K

I think the G5 is a 8050 with an RCA input. 8350 is a SAM speaker (can set up with GLM) and has bigger class D amplifiers.
  10. K

New mini PC i can recommend

Depending what one wants to do there may be better alternatives, especially in the second hand market like an old thin client (50 € or even less) for a music server an older mini PC (less than 200 € for Dell, HP, Lenovo) but with proper Intel NICs etc for a mini server with one or 2 SSDs. a...
  11. K

New mini PC i can recommend

VGA output is fine, it works with everything, some Linux of FreeBSD distros of firewalls, NASes etc. make it difficult to run the installation without a VGA. Of course for using it as a PC a second modern graphics port (DP, HDMI) is required. Do we know what the NIC is? This is another point of...
  12. K

Alternative to Roon....

you can have LMS in the form of Daphile, it is almost plug and play, no need to know about Linux, just to be able to make and boot from a live usb stick and follow on screen directions. It works fine on an old Atom netbbook, playing my local music and Spotify (has also Tidal, Qobuz and any more...
  13. K

What are my fellow Genelec owners feeding them with?

for my desktop system with 8020 it is Daphile (playing FLACs and Spotify) - > Presonus Audiobox One -> XLR cables -> sub and speakers Daphile is set to play bit perfect and volume is controlled by Presonus volume knob...
  14. K

Genelec 8350 vs 1032

Finally I choose the safer option of the 8350, since it is a newer and unique design, it is proposed from more people and I really like the sound of it's smaller brother (8020) that I have. But maybe I missed the oportunity of a bigger speaker, who knows. The local representative will have them...
  15. K

Artists You Have Discovered Lately

Villagers of Ioannina City from Wikipedia: I'm not a fan of stoner rock or Greek folk music, I prefer more classic things from rock and metal, but I really like this album and the way all these genres are blended together.
Top Bottom