Recent content by krott5333

1. K

Movies with great music in them?

Secret Life of Walter Mitty has a great soundtrack.
  2. K

Audiophiles are those who solve non-problems with too much money

I saw three of these parked outside the local Starbucks this morning, which tells me only one thing. There's too many self-Indulgent wieners in this city with too much bloody money! Now, if I was driving a 1967 275 GTB four-cam... Champagne would fall from the heavens. Doors would open. Velvet...
  3. K

Artists You Have Discovered Lately

Kiko Loureiro, Nick Johnston, Earthside, Donna the Buffalo, Rebelution
  4. K

Anyone had any veils lifted lately?

silver is always clean
  5. K

Anyone had any veils lifted lately?

My guitar amp was sitting on top of my subwoofer. It was rattling. I tightened the chassis screws. Not only is the rattle gone, but it's like a veil has been lifted. Well worth the price if you're looking to take your hi-fi system to the next level.
  6. K

Megadeth's new album... sometimes I wish I wasn't an "audiophile"

to be fair, I just recently started listening to Megadeth. I've gone back and started listening to their older albums and there's some clipping in there but it's not as noticeable. Some of the guitar playing on the new album is so tight, aggressive, and well recorded, and the clipping is...
  7. K

The song Psychopathy is one of the worst offenders, and it's a short one that really should've just been part of Killing Time.
  8. K

you're probably right about the seven. I'm a victim of recency bias.
  9. K

I listened to the cd. I listened to an mp3 version of the album. I listened to the album on YouTube. Regardless of the source, the clipping/distortion is noticeable. So it's not source specific.
  10. K

Megadeth released their 16th studio album, "The Sick, The Dying... and the Dead!" on Sept 2nd. I preordered the cd weeks ago as I was looking forward to it. The music itself is pretty darn good. A solid 8/10. But the entire album has clipping/distortion present throughout that is sometimes...
  11. K

I'm an idiot

I couldn't figure out why I was only hearing bass. I thought something was wrong with my Chromecast Audio. I even went so far as to restart it and unplug it. I just realized my amp isn't on.
  12. K

Vista Audio Spark II Review (Amplifer)

Would the AWG of the power cable have any effect on power supply noise?
  13. K

There is a good chance that the reviewers really thought it sounded good. It has a romantic quality to it. You have this feeling that it's made in a small shop in Serbia, with pride. It has kind of a boutique and simple look to it, which is appealing. It has nice toggle switches on the front...
  14. K

This one is version 2. Version 3 perhaps.
Top Bottom