Recent content by KR8NUX

1. K

Topping E30 stopped outputting sound

I'm in this boat now as well @JohnYang1997 the output is set to usb, all RCA cables are connected, the RCA cables have been tested with other devices as well etc etc. Nothing outputting. All my Amps work fine when run directly from my PC headphone out, so there are no problems with that as well...
  2. K

JDS Labs Atom DAC Review

Despite saying none of the others have any benefits, you pointed out what benefits the competition has. Both the optical out and remote are tremendously useful for people who use DACs in their home theatre system. The fact that I can change inputs, see my source/bitrate etc and it works with...
  3. K

JDS Labs Atom DAC Review

??????? And this was exactly why I stated that it isn't a trendsetting device anymore. Neither is the Atom DAC chart-topping, nor does it have the creature comforts like remote, screen, DSD(if you want it) etc. Also, there is no more free shipping even within the States. But people want to...
  4. K

JDS Labs Atom DAC Review

How exactly did I make your point? 3770k = AK4490, 9700k=AK4493 was the analogy drawn. I presume you didn't read the line following the one you just quoted on purpose? Nothing more to say to you then.
  5. K

JDS Labs Atom DAC Review

John if the phasing out of the 4490 is true, will you update it to the 4493 over time ? Is there a large BOM difference between the two?
  6. K

JDS Labs Atom DAC Review

From an era when the Atom amp was a trendsetter, to now where competition like the E30, SK mk2 and other AK4493 solutions exist, yes, price doesn't match performance. It's like saying an older CPU like the 3770k is the same as the 9700k. Yes, the older is still enough for most purposes but it...
  7. K

JDS Labs Atom DAC Review

I was also wondering about the 4490.
  8. K

JDS Labs Atom DAC Review

Can we get a photo of the Stack ?
  9. K

JDS Labs Atom DAC Review

First here ! Yes, it's a good match in the stack, but the price doesn't match performance. Also, lack of a screen and lesser inputs seem to be a bit of a dealbreaker. I guess it's to be expected due to the made in USA.
  10. K

Review and Measurements of SMSL Sanskrit 10th DAC

Are you sure it not placebo and purchase justification bias? This happens to all of us, and probably can't be told apart in a double-blind test.
  11. K

Review and Measurements of SMSL Sanskrit 10th DAC

No. Burn-in doesn't do anything. This is not like those certain amplifiers that needs certain component to 'heat up'. Even that is not arguably burn-in. Does the screen of your cellphone suddenly start performing better if you use it for longer ? Does your laptop suddenly get a speed boost just...
  12. K

Looking for a DAC recommendation for my speaker/HP combo setup

There is no 'good enough'. The dongles are legitimately good, with just a lack of features like physical volume control, etc etc. In fact, many of those components add to the complexity and the problems (that's why many amps have channel imbalance due to a bad pot) There was a time in computing...
  13. K

Amir's Recommended List [Defunct]

The recommended list is good for everyone. You can pick anything from it and be good to go. If you want certain additional features, then yes, explore further.
  14. K

Looking for a DAC recommendation for my speaker/HP combo setup

Honestly save your money and get the D10/Apple Dongle. Unless you want balanced (doesn't improve anything except for some solutions having more power than SE) or fancy features like on device DSP, or support for higher bitrates. The 'recommendations' are subjective. You can't objectively hear a...
Top Bottom